Torn between induction kits...

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
Yeah I trialled that mid before I posted it on there.
Tried most intakes on tfsi and to be fair the MTC is an excellent intake giving good gains and sound nice.
The only downside to the MTC is the look of it.
Tried the twintake and it's pretty poor on K04 cars.
Tried Revo wasn't mega impressed with the noise.
I'm now running a AMD intake with an enclosed filter on which gives good performance and excellent fuel trims and its quiet.
If your looking for an intake at a good price then MTC all day long.

If you buy and MTC for £190 from eBay and need a filter I've got a pipercross filter that fits the MTC done approx 100 miles.

Tell me more about Twintake cons? Thanks before!

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Twintake on anything above stage 1 software on K04 cars is restrictive and forge know it that's why they supply pipercross filters on the golf R kit.
Fuel trims are 10-15 which is crap and they always rub on something.
Too much pipework for the engine bay.
I ran one on my stage 2 ko3 FR with a pipe fat taught to the second filter and I loved it.
When I bought another for my k04 I couldn't believe how much low down torque I lost and I only put up with it for about 2000 miles.
Everyone has their own opinion of what makes a good intake.
Mine are
1- sound and how easy to live with.
2-performance and drive ability (fuel trims)
3-looks

Twintake does 1 and 3 but fails on 2.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Twintake on anything above stage 1 software on K04 cars is restrictive and forge know it that's why they supply pipercross filters on the golf R kit.
Fuel trims are 10-15 which is crap and they always rub on something.
Too much pipework for the engine bay.
I ran one on my stage 2 ko3 FR with a pipe fat taught to the second filter and I loved it.
When I bought another for my k04 I couldn't believe how much low down torque I lost and I only put up with it for about 2000 miles.
Everyone has their own opinion of what makes a good intake.
Mine are
1- sound and how easy to live with.
2-performance and drive ability (fuel trims)
3-looks

Twintake does 1 and 3 but fails on 2.

I still have that pipe on mine :D! It's been cut now... it was way too long must of chopped aleast 100mm off! but yes mines running well ;)

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
I had an idea to transform Twintake and You (Marshall, Cheungy) confirmed it.
Step 1st - to make heat shield and 2nd to open Twintake filters and swap to bigger

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I had an idea to transform Twintake and You (Marshall, Cheungy) confirmed it.
Step 1st - to make heat shield and 2nd to open Twintake filters and swap to bigger

Mine came with a heat shield though? and yes you can replace the filters with piperX ones if you wanted too and take away the enclosures?

dj_troopa

Sep 29, 2009
We need some videos on youtube of the MTC kit in action. Would be good for people to see and hear it especially from the amount of questions raised about the MTC intake.

TommyR

Nov 27, 2013
Apparently at Goodwood FOS Revo where already displaying a revised version of the intake...

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
Cant believe some mongo said the Forge Twintake isnt good looking! Blind?

Ive got one and I love the way it looks, it also sounds really good .....buuuuuuut as much as I hate to admit it I really wish Id bought either an itg or a revo one! The forge is definately too restrictive! Especially at 120mph plus! The external air pressure really impacts on it in a negative way. Also low down you can r3ally hear it sucking ... which sounds good ..... but you can only hear it so much because of the restriction! Think about it - if there was less restriction there would be less noise as the air would rush through without hitting anything in its path so there would be no air flow noise!

If you want the best kit buy an mtc/revo or itg. If yiu want the best noise, look and engine bay buy the forge twintake with a BOV! SOUNDS EPIC - but definately isnt the best option for performance.

Apr 1, 2014
'up anley duck'
"Think about it - if there was less restriction there would be less noise as the air would rush through without hitting anything in its path so there would be no air flow noise!"

Not true mate the revo is loud as f**k sucking in gallons of air are you saying this is restrivtive?

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
"Think about it - if there was less restriction there would be less noise as the air would rush through without hitting anything in its path so there would be no air flow noise!"

Not true mate the revo is loud as f**k sucking in gallons of air are you saying this is restrivtive?

Is it not loud because of the diameter of the intake pipe being so large? I know when I hear mine I just think it sounds like its trying to suck the air in and struggling

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Cant believe some mongo said the Forge Twintake isnt good looking! Blind?

Ive got one and I love the way it looks, it also sounds really good .....buuuuuuut as much as I hate to admit it I really wish Id bought either an itg or a revo one! The forge is definately too restrictive! Especially at 120mph plus! The external air pressure really impacts on it in a negative way. Also low down you can r3ally hear it sucking ... which sounds good ..... but you can only hear it so much because of the restriction! Think about it - if there was less restriction there would be less noise as the air would rush through without hitting anything in its path so there would be no air flow noise!

If you want the best kit buy an mtc/revo or itg. If yiu want the best noise, look and engine bay buy the forge twintake with a BOV! SOUNDS EPIC - but definately isnt the best option for performance.

I like it, but I still think it kinda looks like 2 tins of beans

.....jeeezo ... I wrote A LOT!

Yes. Yes u did:rofl:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.