What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
To be honest there is no real need to pay £200+ as the majority of us are only going to use a tiny amount of potential VCDS has. If I was a mechanic and was working on brand new motors etc then yeah I could see the need to pay the full whack, but for the purposes of clearing faults, logging, and enabling a few features, what else am I gonna use it for? Seems silly in my opinion.

It's a big investment but the genuine ones keep their value well, I can expect £200 back on mine so it means I paid approx £70 to own genuine VCDS :)

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
It's a big investment but the genuine ones keep their value well, I can expect £200 back on mine so it means I paid approx £70 to own genuine VCDS :)

Yeah, but you'll never get that £200 back as I doubt it'll be a very long time before you sell your leon, and chances are you'll buy another VAG car lol

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Finally got the 4 wheel alignment right. The tyre fitter wad using the wrong setting but accepted fault and out it right. I do need 2 new tyres though.... oh well..

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Yeah, but you'll never get that £200 back as I doubt it'll be a very long time before you sell your leon, and chances are you'll buy another VAG car lol

In which case there's more value for money on it :) also with the things I've seen around people having issues in compatibility etc then I've just decided to get the proper thing.

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Changed all my wiper blades and my rear pads today (and not a minute too soon. They were beginning to grind and were very low) may well check on the fronts next week. Just need to get myself a 7mm hex socket so I can have a look. Next up...replace the air freshner wrecked dashboard.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
got one already.

Put some cash aside for a few weeks then buy the official one, might be a bit of cash but at least you know it will work and you can still sell it on as others said for practically what you paid, and you can always make a bit of cash helping others out.

Last edited:

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
Okay, so.. Changed the intake manifold flap motor today.. What a f**king fiddly c**ty peice of sh*t that is to change! I managed to drop the socket onto the under tray too, so had to get under the car, once under the car I noticed that the seal on the intercooler was leaking oil..

Swear to god everytime I fix something I find something else that needs doing!!

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Okay, so.. Changed the intake manifold flap motor today.. What a f**king fiddly c**ty peice of sh*t that is to change! I managed to drop the socket onto the under tray too, so had to get under the car, once under the car I noticed that the seal on the intercooler was leaking oil..

Swear to god everytime I fix something I find something else that needs doing!!

Best thing to do is take it to a mate who has a ramp and ask them to check it over. All the problems should be found then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
My mate has his own garage, and I generally take it to him. I think the seal was broken when AMD replaced my water pump as it was faulty *installed by them*, and the undertray was missing screws where they hadn't installed it properly. They're a pile of wank at AMD

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
So while sorting the interior and engine bay out I came across this. Looks like something could screw into it. It's on the intake manifold at the bottom.

Is something suppose to be there or not?

Engine CR170

7uhusagu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.