Are Alcantara seats worth having?

scoobiesnacks

The only used model I want is a long way away and has Alcantara seats, which by my understanding is a fake suede.

Now I don't like normal suede (on shoes) , but how is it to sit on??

thanks

NWhiteley

May 26, 2006
up north
I had them in my MK6 Golf and thought they were great. Look and feel better than the basic seats and dont have the hot/cold problems of leather.

I have ordered them for my MK3 Leon FR aswell.

Last edited:

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
im happy with them so far, they keep you in place , very comfortable, looks good and feel good :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I love mine, Had leather in my MK2 LCR and after 3 years it was cracking etc despite treatment.

Friend of mine has a Cupra 280 with leather and I prefer the Alcantara in my Cupra 280, Plus its cheaper

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
As above had leather in the MK2 now have Alcantara love them not slippy and look very smart
I spend a lot of time in the car so seats are ultra important

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Same. Ordered alcantara but changed to leather after I did a survey over here where people seemed to slightly prefer the leather :) I like the leather. I have never had leather or alcantara before so can't compare. The dealer told me he didn't like the alcantara since it made his back sweaty. Having a dog I was also concerned with cleaning. Leather is great, no stains, cleaning is easy with a sponge no matter what kind of dirt is there. I agree it's kind of slippery but I don't find this bad, it's just different than fabric.