Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

chem600

How long would it take to change four injectors and loom? Had my car Friday from 2 till 11 on a Saturday and saying they replaced all four and loom. Car runs but just can't help think they are taking the piss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
That seems about right for labour time, with standard working hours. They had your car for less than a day? Changing the loom is not a small job... If you've got your car back and all is well I don't see what the problem is? I take it this was all carried out under the recall action so didn't cost anything either? I'm a mechanic and always very through in my job because I am given the time to be. I would be more worried if I recieved my car back within a few hours, I'd be thinking someone has rushed it and possibly missed something

chem600

If you've got your car back and all is well I don't see what the problem is? I take it this was all carried out under the recall action so didn't cost anything either?

The problem is if the injectors or loom go again because they have not done the work first time. I have to pay +£600 to get it sorted next time. Also if the car dies when I have the kids in the car and someone hits us because it cuts out.
If it sounds about the right time to do the job and it has been done then I'm more than happy with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Any recall work carried out will be guaranteed by the dealership against faulty workmanship etc, and you are still protected by consumer rights to have a fit for purpose repair. The whole idea behind the recall is that they identified some units as faulty, and these units are replaced by updated parts with no known issues so the likelihood of them failing once replaced are slim to none. As far as your car dying, if it were to happen it would just cut the engine off giving you enough time to turn your hazards on and coast to a stop at the side of the road. The same could be said for any car manufacturer to be honest. I think your over thinking things. Enjoy the car! :)

Ben_dit

Hi guys I'm looking at buying a 2007/8 fr tdi with this pd170 engine fitted would i just be able to call my local seat dealer and book it in for a free injector/harness replacement if its eligible? the car will be sub 50k miles.

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
I'm pretty certain they have all been checked by now mate. You can phone up SEAT UK and check that any recall work has been carried out. I would be almost certain it has done. If I were you, if you can afford it go for the CR engine 2009+ model, burns the fuel much more efficiently and doesn't have any dpf problems. On the 2006-2008 PD engines, the dpf was and afterthought and so had problems

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Hi guys I'm looking at buying a 2007/8 fr tdi with this pd170 engine fitted would i just be able to call my local seat dealer and book it in for a free injector/harness replacement if its eligible? the car will be sub 50k miles.

IMHO if it aint broke don't fix it, I believe often problems started after they were changed

:think: just remembered my A3...shudders, lol

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
To be honest most of the injectors that were checked were found to be okay, it was just a faulty batch of injectors that had problems, if you have a decent trusted dealership you shouldn't have any problems. It's not a case of if it's not broke don't fix it as you could have a faulty injector that's like a ticking bomb waiting to fail, at least have it checked...

Shabmk2

Hey I have a quick question
Just bought a seat leon 56 plate and it makes a hissing noise when taking off... It's obviously the turbo but is that natural for it to Do that?

Scby555

Oct 29, 2004
you should really start your own thread instead of high-jacking this one.
If it's a hissing noise it could just be your turbo spooling up, especially if its been tuned.
On the other hand it could be air escaping from a lose hose.

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
If I were you, if you can afford it go for the CR engine 2009+ model, burns the fuel much more efficiently and doesn't have any dpf problems. On the 2006-2008 PD engines, the dpf was and afterthought and so had problems

I have just bought an 09 FR, as far as I was aware it was the PD170 engine, have I miss read this post or could it be the CR engine??

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
Driving on the motorway last night and lose all power, so pull over and now car will turn over but refusing to start, suspected injector problem so I rang seat customer services to see if my car was recalled and they told me they know nothing about any Leon's being recalled, they having me on or did unjust speak to someone clueless??

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I have just bought an 09 FR, as far as I was aware it was the PD170 engine, have I miss read this post or could it be the CR engine??

Does your bumper look like Derbyforget's above or does it have a different shape around the fogs?

Driving on the motorway last night and lose all power, so pull over and now car will turn over but refusing to start, suspected injector problem so I rang seat customer services to see if my car was recalled and they told me they know nothing about any Leon's being recalled, they having me on or did unjust speak to someone clueless??

Unless its a CR then yes it a well known fact that there is a recall, try again and if they dont give you the right answer ask for someone more intelligent

Scby555

Oct 29, 2004
It wasn't a "RECALL" at all. It is a known technical bulitin issued to the dealers.
It is a well known fact there was batches of defective injectors used which will fail.
I'd go to a better dealership.

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
Mines defiantly the pre facelift, so yeah it's a PD170, apparently my car has already been recalled and they are blaming it on the fuel filter, get the car back on Monday so hopefully will of fixed the problem

Scby555

Oct 29, 2004
I had a one year old Leon for five years. Other than a dpf fault (under warranty) and this injector problem (faulty manufactured injectors) mine never missed a beat in 75k miles.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.