Air Con Advice

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
Hi all, looking for a bit of advice. My AC has recently developed a bit of a quirk. Each time it's on it makes a weird sound, like the sound you get if you blow through a straw into an empty tin. It seems to change depending on the revs but disappears when you turn the AC off. Any ideas what it could be?
It only seemed to do it when it had been in for a service and had the AC cleaning treatment, it's still cold though :confused:

Dec 4, 2006
Manchester
Sounds like the symptoms I have. If it is the cooling power will fall off over ten days. Think the compressor is shot. Going to take it in for warranty work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
On an 11-plate I'd be taking it back to SEAT and pushing for them to fix it F.O.C. Shouldn't be failing on a 3 year old car

springer

May 30, 2010
The compressor is a common fault.
Had mine back 2 week ago and they said it needs a new condensor.Still no phone call to re book it in for the work :cry:.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
The compressor is a common fault.

Had mine back 2 week ago and they said it needs a new condensor.Still no phone call to re book it in for the work :cry:.

So ring them? We all know seat dealers are useless.

As above it's a common issue. Both mk2s I've had have had new compressors. One also had the pressure switch done too.

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
I'll book it in. Its about 5 weeks out of Warranty so hoping that because its only 3 years old they might fix it without my shelling out a fortune, especially as it's not had 33000 miles continuous use. ha ha.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
If it's out you need to book it in ASAP. I hope you reported the issue before warranty expired? Sooner you do it the more chance you have of SEAT covering the repair cost (or some of it).

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
Its still cold just making an annoying noise. ha ha. What sort of price are you looking at if it is the compressor?

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
It's in next wednesday for "investigation" so we'll see what is wrong with it. I really hope it's a simple fix as it drives me mad when it's this warm.

springer

May 30, 2010
So ring them? We all know seat dealers are useless.

As above it's a common issue. Both mk2s I've had have had new compressors. One also had the pressure switch done too.

Did do earlier,got told "we have had the part a while has nobody rang you?" Lol

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
Had this diagnosed yesterday, low gas in the AirCon system. Got it regassed and its working perfectly again and colder than a fridge. Great in this weather :D

springer

May 30, 2010
Mine sorted too with a new condensor.
Even with the sunroof open it was too hot with no A/C :cry:

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.