Mk3 Questions

jumpinjackflash

Sep 13, 2007
I bought a Mk3 at the weekend, this will be my 3rd Leon. I have some questions that I will ask the dealer but wanted to know what to expect by asking you guys and girls first.

If the car has alloys that it will have locking wheel nuts or should I confirm?

Is the Emergency Tyre Repair Kit now the standard and a spare wheel is a cost option?

I understand that 2 remote keys are now provided, is there a master key or key number?

Are audio cables provided? iPod, USB, etc.

Any info you guys can provide would be great.

Thanks

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
My one has wheel locking nuts.

Mine comes with tyre repair kit as standard. I think the spare wheel is an extra £100 or something like that.

Both remote keys are identical, I don't think there's a master key.

Mine come with audio cables.

Hope this answers your questions. Good luck

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
My one has wheel locking nuts.

Mine comes with tyre repair kit as standard. I think the spare wheel is an extra £100 or something like that.

Both remote keys are identical, I don't think there's a master key.

Mine come with audio cables.

Hope this answers your questions. Good luck

As above really. The only difference I see is that my spare remote key has a couple of tags on it which I've been told to keep hold of in case I need a replacement key in future.

There should be 2 cables supplied, one for old style 30 pin iPhones and one for USB.

My car also came with locking nuts.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
As above really. The only difference I see is that my spare remote key has a couple of tags on it which I've been told to keep hold of in case I need a replacement key in future.

There should be 2 cables supplied, one for old style 30 pin iPhones and one for USB.

My car also came with locking nuts.

Same as mine, mind mats should be standard as well.

jumpinjackflash

Sep 13, 2007
Thanks a lot guys.

@scrich7, I'm guessing the tags on your keys are similar to the ones I have on my current keys.

The salesman has already told me they'll be a new set of mats in it when I pick it up.

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
Thanks a lot guys.

@scrich7, I'm guessing the tags on your keys are similar to the ones I have on my current keys.

The salesman has already told me they'll be a new set of mats in it when I pick it up.

I didn't get any tags on my keys. Not sure what would be on them of any use as VAG don't give out any codes for re-programming the immobilizer anymore . You used to get a scratch off tag which had the first 4 characters of the code but this stopped a few years back. The key itself is just a standard flip key that most key cutters could make for you given the spare. It's a trip to SEAT i'm afraid to get the thing reprogrammed.

Last edited:

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Below is the label on my keys, not sure what the code on it is but I greyed it out just in case....lol

IMAG0616_zpsiq2yyoy3.jpg

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
I didn't get any tags on my keys. Not sure what would be on them of any use as VAG don't give out any codes for re-programming the immobilizer anymore.

Contacted the dealer earlier today after seeing this thread as I didn't get a tag either, I had them on my octavia's keys so was a little concerned. They told me basically what Rokerlad said that they no longer give out the codes anymore, they have to request them from Seat directly. The tags that come on the keys are just tracking codes as the car passes through the checkpoints and the dealer should take them off and not give them to the customer. So I guess if anyone has had tags on their new keys for the last few months the dealer has not been following instructions :).

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
Contacted the dealer earlier today after seeing this thread as I didn't get a tag either, I had them on my octavia's keys so was a little concerned. They told me basically what Rokerlad said that they no longer give out the codes anymore, they have to request them from Seat directly. The tags that come on the keys are just tracking codes as the car passes through the checkpoints and the dealer should take them off and not give them to the customer. So I guess if anyone has had tags on their new keys for the last few months the dealer has not been following instructions :).

This . The tag on that pic is of no use to the owner of the vehicle.