Leon Bumper Removal & Cupra R Bumper Fitting Guide

D1SHABBA

Mar 6, 2008
I have created a page on my personal website purely for the removal of the mk1 Cupra front and rear bumpers, and the fitting of Cupra R bumpers
There are plenty of detailed pictures and a parts lists for the bits necessary for fitting the new bumpers

It also contains the steps for fitting a Forge Front Mounted Intercooler :clap:

Hope this helps, please leave comments at the bottom of the page, or if you have a query :D

http://fallenangelxsi.piczo.com/?preview=y&g=24212843&cr=2&rfm=y

Cheers

I know its an old thread any chance of that guide as I thiunk the link is down

Reactions: iammooks

Ryanisadipper

Anyone know where to get a cupra r bumper from? Been looking for ages but can't seem to find one :/

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
Have you checked EBay there is always ppl breaking Leon's down but u need to be quick as the bumps go very fast.

vwdubnut

Any one know if I can use the prefacelift guide rails or know
Where I can get new ones

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Checked this thread as I recently needed to take the rear bumper off but couldn't find any info.

It's not too bad but I'd advise having a second person. Simply undo the torx screws at the rear of the rear wheel arch, it's where the arch liner connects to the bumper. Then get underneath the car and you'll see maybe 5 torx screws again on each side. After that you need to get into the boot, pull away the central cover and I think the two covers on the side and find 4 bolts that are holding the bumper on.

Once all that's done the bumper with a little bit of effort should slide out but this is where you need the second person as it would be very easy to scratch your car up.

Also, when putting the bumper back, the top part has to go over a certain fixture, if it doesn't it won't fit properly if at all. There's a bit on the upper part before it reaches the tyre that could easily be forgotten which if you do, the bumper won't go back all the way.

Apologies for the vagueness, this was done 4 days ago and just going by memory. It wasn't even me that was taking it off, it was a mate that was doing things to my car and I was just a helping hand.

sp33dyt

Jan 22, 2015
Anyone can post the Fallen Angel's pictures? the link doesn't work anymore and I need the tutorial for removing the rear bumper.
Thanks

SilverDaz

Feb 6, 2015
I'm in the process of fitting the LCR bumpers and skirts to my mk1 TDI. Mine are currently in the body shop getting painted, but I did a test fit first to make sure I had everything I needed.

To remove the rear bumper, it's pretty straight forward. You need to remove the centre interior rear panel trim, be careful that you don't drop the large round fastenings under the spare wheel.

Next remove the two interior panels on either side of panel you have just removed, it's a couple of cross heads screws then a good yank to release the clips.

This will reveal two 10mm headed rag bolts and either side, so four in total, remove them.

Next, get your T20 torx out as there are a boat load all around the inner arches and at the bottom of the bumper.

Remove all these and the bumper, should be then released from it side mounting and come off fairly easily.

As for the side skirts, mine came with all the fixing, but I am a little reluctant to drill into the sills, as I may revert the car back to standard.

I found during the test fit that the skirts fit fairly snug to the sills and the bottom and end mounts would suffiently secure them. All I am going to to is bond the skirts to the sill.

01gausdenn

Feb 17, 2015
Has anyone got a guide to fitting leon Cupra R bumpers and skirts to a leon Cupra? I can see others have asked but any luck anyone?
Link doesn't work on the beginning of this tread. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.