Living with a remapped car

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
Hey guys,
Been doing some research but can't seem to find a definitive answer and would like to know....what are remapped cars like to live with - daily driving, motorway driving and mpg wise?

I've heard that stage 1 improves your mpg but can't find anything on stage 2.....I'm assuming it makes it worse??

Much appreciated, Mike :D

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Hey guys,
Been doing some research but can't seem to find a definitive answer and would like to know....what are remapped cars like to live with - daily driving, motorway driving and mpg wise?

I've heard that stage 1 improves your mpg but can't find anything on stage 2.....I'm assuming it makes it worse??

Much appreciated, Mike :D

All the time your driving sensible mate they will give improved mpg and proberly run alot smoother as flat spots will be removed if mapped properly. Its only when you step on the loud pedal they will obviously drink more fuel and shorten your tyre wear if your not careful lol. Im getting mine mapped next month.

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
All the time your driving sensible mate they will give improved mpg and proberly run alot smoother as flat spots will be removed if mapped properly. Its only when you step on the loud pedal they will obviously drink more fuel and shorten your tyre wear if your not careful lol. Im getting mine mapped next month.

Only asking as my car is used for family days out and don't want anything compromised by remapping it :p

I have been driving stage 1 and stage 2 for some time now, wouldnt want to have it any other way. Stage 2 brings a smile to my face everytime I floor the pedal :)

That's what I'm after :)

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Do it mate. I have a stage 2 revo lcr and a misses and 3 kids one of which is 18mths old. The car is easy to keep at a sensible pace and drives perfect when I want it to. When I am by myself it puts a smile on my face if I ask it to. Best thing I ever done to the car to be honest.

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
Do it mate. I have a stage 2 revo lcr and a misses and 3 kids one of which is 18mths old. The car is easy to keep at a sensible pace and drives perfect when I want it to. When I am by myself it puts a smile on my face if I ask it to. Best thing I ever done to the car to be honest.

That's exactly what I needed to hear....stage 2 with a family :) thanks rob :D

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
A remapped 20VT is still just a vanilla 1.8 when tootling around. The extra power is all down to the turbo, so you'll only notice it on boost, just as with an unmapped example.

man_utd_99

Feb 12, 2012
Had mine mapped for almost three years now. Keep them serviced regularly and mpg and power gains are incredible. You don't notice the map after a while until you sit in a unmapped version then realise the beast you actually have! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
Which is the friendliest mapper on clutches for the 1.9tdi? Thinking of getting my FR+ mapped but don't want to have to replace the clutch

Just go and see a proper mapper with a rolling road and get a custom map done how you want it. If you want to ease back on the torque slightly then ask.

Hb69

Jul 16, 2011
Kent
My LC is stage 2. Normal sensible use its no different to a standard one, fuel consumption is pretty much the same as standard too. Only noticeable when you put your foot down. Would recommend a remap all day long.

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
My LC is stage 2. Normal sensible use its no different to a standard one, fuel consumption is pretty much the same as standard too. Only noticeable when you put your foot down. Would recommend a remap all day long.

I'm definitely getting a remap :) just wanted to make sure it would still be suitable for the family.

Just need to get saving for Stage 2 parts :lol:

Aug 26, 2008
West Midlands
Best mod ever if you do your research and find the right mapper, I have never looked back since and 3 years on it still surprises many cars on the road and I am a family man with 2 kids :D

Do it.

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
tumblr_mb1x6oWaoD1roixiho9_r1_250.gif

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members