DSG on the motorway?

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Probably, I threatened the guy with legal action but doubt I'd win any money back.

All signs point to sticking or stuck variable veins in the turbo. Probably have to get a recon exchange turbo fitted Works fine under 3,000rpm but as soon as you try and go over that it just goes into limp mode. £275 plus fitting for a remanufactured turbo.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Probably, I threatened the guy with legal action but doubt I'd win any money back.

All signs point to sticking or stuck variable veins in the turbo. Probably have to get a recon exchange turbo fitted Works fine under 3,000rpm but as soon as you try and go over that it just goes into limp mode. £275 plus fitting for a remanufactured turbo.

It is pointless up here. Even if you win the case, theres no way to actually enforce it. He can just not pay you, and theres nothing that can be done, excpet he'd have a CCJ on his credit file for a few years

Big Dunc

Oct 4, 2011
Some people really dont want a CCJ, as that stops you taking out loans etc. It is all that happens in England as well if someone doesnt pay after loosing a court case.

Sale of goods act doesnt apply to private sales. That is why traders say you are safer to buy for them, i.e. you pay a bit more for the car but you have peace of mind that if something is wrong, the dealer has to fix it.

The only way you can go after the seller now is if he lied to you or said something that was not true. It is useful that the add was on fleabay, as the fleabay rules say that all faults have to be listed. It would be very difficult for him to prove that some of those faults were not that at the time of sale. However, it sounds like you have decided not to go down this road.

Good luck with getting it sorted. Once you have done so, it will be a nice car.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
The only thing said on the eBay ad was 'everything works' which actually wasn't true but I don't know if eBay would uphold that. No faults were listed on the ad.

Once I've sold my Ibiza I'll have the money to get everything fixed (ABS, turbo and flywheel) - hopefully I'll enjoy it once it's all sorted.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.