What you need to install an aftermarket stereo in Mk2 Leon

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
May not even need a set of removal keys, just something thats thin enough to slide through the gap and strong enough not to snap and yes just a fascia.

jamiefrtfsi

Nov 4, 2014
Hey guys got a mk 2 Leon removed the standard radio to fit a new one but now the old one and the new one won't switch on I have checked the fuses etc and all are fine there must be power going to it as the CD ejected. Plugged diagnostic in and cam up code 01304 radio-sporadic 004 no signal/communication. Starting to lose it a bit with it now :( any help would be great cheers.

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
Excellent, thorough post.

But just to clarify, I have a 2007 Mk 2 Leon 2.0 TDI which doesnt have Sat Nav or Steering Wheel Controls. Does this mean I would just need the Autoleads PC2-75-4 Harness adaptor and the Fakra aerial adaptor.

I'm a little unsure on steps 2 and 3 as I don't have built in Sat Nav. I've spotted a double din fascia on Amazon which I'm assuming will fulfil all my double din fascia requirements.

charlotte7651

Dec 6, 2014
Wiring

Hi guys
I have a Leon 2.0L TDI stylance and have started fitting a pioneer double din headunit however, we are struggling to find a way to feed the wires from the dab antenna and microphone to the back of the headunit. Has anyone else had this problem or have an easy solution? We have tried using a thick wire to try to feed it through but we just can't get it to where we want it.
Also does anyone have any experience with wiring up a reversing camera? We have one that fits into one of the number plate light slots.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really want all the gadgets working.
Thanks

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I removed the glovebox to feed the GPS cable through.

I got this head unit which comes with all of the adapters needed to fit, everything plugs straight in and works:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-DVD-G...a-/321424586798?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

It also has the SEAT boot logo and a nice red and black background so looks very OEM. You can add your own backgrounds so I'm going to load a SEAT one! All I had to buy were removal keys, screws etc. for mounting it and the nav fascia.

kroni

Jul 21, 2014
I have just tried fitting a sony double din stereo unit in my 58 plate leon fr, the stereo is working perfect and the colour of the facia plate is an excellent match however I cannot get the facia panel to clip in. Does it clip in easy or do you have to use alot of force?

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
The genuine Seat part clips in very easily, the ones you get on Ebay? Well I knew not to even try when I had one of those arrive.

kroni

Jul 21, 2014
Think I may need to go via seat then. I cant even see why it wont clip in, all the holes line upit just dont want to go in.

antipesto93

Aug 30, 2014
Think I may need to go via seat then. I cant even see why it wont clip in, all the holes line upit just dont want to go in.

Did you buy the clips that go into the holes?
part number
1J0 858 137 B (confirm with dealer though) - they come up on google images if you search it

Last edited:

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
When I bought my aftermarket fascia it wouldn't go in either, so asked the supplier I got it from and they said some trimming may need doing. So trim the clips (If they're plastic) the actual tab bits that once in hook to the inside of the dashboard. Had to trim mine a certain amount before they slotted in, it's not a perfect fit but it'll do.

Last edited:

antipesto93

Aug 30, 2014

I got this head unit which comes with all of the adapters needed to fit, everything plugs straight in and works:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-DVD-G...a-/321424586798?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

It also has the SEAT boot logo and a nice red and black background so looks very OEM. You can add your own backgrounds so I'm going to load a SEAT one! All I had to buy were removal keys, screws etc. for mounting it and the nav fascia.

Just ordered this too :)
Allready had a RCD310 in there so this (should) just be a straight swap :whistle:

kroni

Jul 21, 2014
Manageded to get the facia in I just trimmed about 2mm off of each pin. Fits perfect now and the sony stereo looks like it belongs with especially when the lights are on its the same colour as the instruments. Well pleased and 200 cheaper than halfords.

antipesto93

Aug 30, 2014

Just saw this in the listing:
Note: You will need to manually power-on and power-off the radio (this model). It will not automatically turn on or turn off synchronized with your car engine. For the power synchronization, you will need to modify wiring (cut a wire), but we can't guarantee it.

Did you get a way to get it to turn off/on automatically?

edit: came with instructions asking you to cut/disconnect the ACC wire which works, although have to have the key in to turn the radio on.

Last edited:

thamim

Mar 16, 2014
Hertfordshire
just reading through and couldnt find anything to indicate a cage. I have taken my standard head unit out at the moment and have the replacement all ready to go apart from the cage.

Does anyone know the best place to buy one from?

Thanks

charlotte7651

Dec 6, 2014
Cage

I didn't need an extra cage for mine as the new double din head unit came with one that just slid straight into where the original standard one was. :)

Last edited: