hid to led dipped beam & full beam

bobpzero

May 31, 2012
northern ireland
has anyone here swapped out their h7r hid dipped beam setup for an led h7 6000k setup?
saw a couple of led h7 packs on eBay one with 2400lm and another at 6400lm which i think might be way too much (lm = lumens)
at the moment I just get the hid dip beam swapped over to standard dip beam bulbs for mot & then back again afterwards.

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
has anyone here swapped out their h7r hid dipped beam setup for an led h7 6000k setup?
saw a couple of led h7 packs on eBay one with 2400lm and another at 6400lm which i think might be way too much (lm = lumens)
at the moment I just get the hid dip beam swapped over to standard dip beam bulbs for mot & then back again afterwards.

looks like a fire hazard to me.... lots and lots of heat.

bobpzero

May 31, 2012
northern ireland
has built in cooling fan & with over heat protection fan-failure setup protection for reliability. for the 2400lm from 20w per bulb, maybe slightly overdriven. anyways if the mk3 Leon has led headlamps you'd would have expected the oem/aftermarket China led capital would have it absolutely sussed

bobpzero

May 31, 2012
northern ireland
back again horizonled co uk now has 4th gen led h7 kit. was also looking at mtec h7 super white xenon bulbs. checking back to see if anyone out there has changed from hid to led for dipped beam & full beam?

sssingletrack

Oct 25, 2015
The light pattern projected from a headlamp with a LED bulb will be even worse than retrofitted HID's.

If you actually wish to see where your going, stay with the HID's (despite them causing glare to other drivers) or go back to halogens.

Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.