****ing Jacking Covers

Ash-Kennard

why are you reading this?
Jul 31, 2008
portsmouth
Is there a trick to fitting these little buggers? Managed to get one on a while ago, no issues at all. Now I can't get one on the save my life.

Hook from the top, squeeze together and press up and in? Yes?

Just keep getting filthy in this bloody weather trying to get them on and giving up after 30 mins. They should be a piece of piss. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers, Ash

Mar 16, 2013
Shrewsbury
Add some silicon sealant, like wat u seal the bath with, works a treat, and holds em in well enough they dont drop off, but not permanat enough you cant jus yank em off when you need.

addavis89

Nov 1, 2012
norwich
Wd40 on the both bits that clip in, hold it in place with left hand bash the sh*t outta it with right hand! Works for me every time!

Ash-Kennard

why are you reading this?
Jul 31, 2008
portsmouth
Cheers for the advice guys. I'll have another crack at it tomorrow. Didn't want to Twat it as I didn't want to snap the clips.

L14M H

Dec 7, 2013
Hang from the top first, then get your hand in behind the sideskirt and pull down slightly whilst pushing on the cover it will clip straight in.

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
Is there a trick to fitting these little buggers? Managed to get one on a while ago, no issues at all. Now I can't get one on the save my life.

Hook from the top, squeeze together and press up and in? Yes?

Just keep getting filthy in this bloody weather trying to get them on and giving up after 30 mins. They should be a piece of piss. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers, Ash

There's no trick. They're just shite. Once you do get them in, you'll want to screw them in because they will come off when you're driving along happily.

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.