cupra fuel economy

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
im just generally trying to get a gauge on peoples cupras average fuel consumption. mine is terrible. i do have a lead foot at times. but without fail whether im trying to be frugal or not. 20quid gets me 60miles nomore no less.

Kyado

Jan 13, 2015
This is me with 3 full fuel-ups:

dropbox.com/s/4goxpf2qd00b3ov/Screenshot%202015-03-11%2019.57.02.png?dl=0

My best MPG was from a pure motorway journey.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I'm getting 25-30mpg nowadays, mostly in traffic and a short B Road drive into the city. Can't really push the car much due to the traffic, but when I do get an open road the mpg is closer to 23 or so. Not a cupra I know, but a 2.0TFSI none the less.

Only ever fill the tank so not sure what 20quid would equate to, but 60quid is over 300miles either your have a lead foot or too much traffic you way haha

Last edited:

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
traffics pretty normal .. and i do have a lead foot occasionally ill be the first to admit it haha but id say i was 70% sedate.. my trip computer only calculates a average of 17 mpg :( .. could it be to my mods or a terrible map do you think or further underlying problems ? .. 180 miles journey at a constant 65-70 accumulated 22 mpg.

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
According to Fuelly, 32.4 mpg average over 6000 miles
i wish i had your mpg richi lol .. is that very delicate driving or pretty mixed.. im beginning to think a previous cheap map has upped the fueling too much as i do get a rich smell when the engines cold. not sure when warmed up.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I'm not so sure, it does seem exceptionally low. These engines can be fairly economical if driven carefully, such as steady cruising on motorways over long distance. That should have put you at hight 20s low 30s.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
i wish i had your mpg richi lol .. is that very delicate driving or pretty mixed.. im beginning to think a previous cheap map has upped the fueling too much as i do get a rich smell when the engines cold. not sure when warmed up.

That's a mix of dual carriageway 60/70 mph and then 30 mph roads into the city.

I drive to the speed limit, not fannying around trying to maximise fuel economy or anything. I think it's a realistic figure for everyday driving.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Drive like a man and you're MPG is low, drive like a fairy and it will be a lot higher. Simples! To a tank I get about 260miles if that's a little more help.

If I drove "like a man" I'd just be sat at the next set of traffic lights for longer :shrug:

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
If I drove "like a man" I'd just be sat at the next set of traffic lights for longer :shrug:
haha true unless you can catch them before they change .. and then yourl obviously see blue lights instead of red ones!!! .. im using tapatalk so cant see your sig richi but is your cupra modded at all ?

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
I get about 25 mpg with mixed driving. If im cruising down the motorway I can get 30+ whilst sticking to the speed limits :p im stage 2+ aswell although I think my tuner made 6th gear eco.

Deleted member 94519

London - 250 mi from a tank, about 22-24 mpg averaged. Not great but then it does spend most of it's life in traffic sadly!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members