Leon 2016 facelift???

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
To be fair, the mk3 was launched in 2012, so 2016 seems about right for the facelift. It doesn't mean my2016 cars will be facelift models, but that the Leon will have a slight redesign in 2016... So probably my2017 cars built from May/June 2016 will be the new ones.

orion69

Apr 15, 2015
Thx, yes I can.
To be honest I'm deciding between Seat Leon FR 150bhp petrol and new Astra 150bhp petrol.

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
Thx, yes I can.
To be honest I'm deciding between Seat Leon FR 150bhp petrol and new Astra 150bhp petrol.

Leon and Astra really shouldn't be found in the same sentence, except one that says a Leon poops all over an Astra.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
So, is this story confirmed? Should I wait few months?

The reality is there will always be a facelift for cars like the Leon because this is how car manufacturers reignite sales in between a car's market life cycle. If it was me thinking about buying a Leon now, I'd just buy one. I wouldn't wait. If you like the car that's all that matters.

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
Where ever the wife tells me
The reality is there will always be a facelift for cars like the Leon because this is how car manufacturers reignite sales in between a car's market life cycle. If it was me thinking about buying a Leon now, I'd just buy one. I wouldn't wait. If you like the car that's all that matters.

Agreed. If you wait for the facelift, why not wait for the Mk4?

Don't think about it, buy it!

squidie

Sep 16, 2015
England
Hey guys,

So I stumbled upon some spyshots of what appears to be a facelifted Leon for the 2016 model :/

I thought the only changes would be the mirrorlink stuff.

Any thoughts?

Just looks like someone forgot or could not be bothered to take the rain cover off.

junkerss

Sep 26, 2015
Maybe they change the front led head lights. Led lights are smaller In seat suv 20v20.

Last edited:

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Thx, yes I can.

I have just jumped ship from a Vauxhall Insignia (61 plate, 2.0 CDTI (160bhp)) to a 65 plate 2.0 TDI 184 FR Leon. I know they are not really the same in terms of engine but the interior hasn't changed that much on the Vauxhall range in the last few years and neither has the styling. The Leon blows it out the water in term of interior quality etc but the biggest thing is the refinement. There was absolutely zero refinement in the engine or ride of the Insignia and honestly spending any time in it just became a chore after a while. It may be different in the newer models but just my experience. Couldn't be happier with the Leon however :)

DAV3G46

May 7, 2015
I have just jumped ship from a Vauxhall Insignia (61 plate, 2.0 CDTI (160bhp)) to a 65 plate 2.0 TDI 184 FR Leon. I know they are not really the same in terms of engine but the interior hasn't changed that much on the Vauxhall range in the last few years and neither has the styling. The Leon blows it out the water in term of interior quality etc but the biggest thing is the refinement. There was absolutely zero refinement in the engine or ride of the Insignia and honestly spending any time in it just became a chore after a while. It may be different in the newer models but just my experience. Couldn't be happier with the Leon however :)
Agree with this I had a 165 astra and the leon is way better customer service seems a lot better from seat as well

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
My insignia was silver. Looking at and being in it was a lot like not looking at it and not being in it. Utterly forgetful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
Drove a brand-new rental Insignia couple of months ago around London. Wasn't impressed at all. I was VERY happy to get back to my Leon!! No way I'd switch to an Insignia, ever!
Had a rental Astra as well some time ago - same story, it's just not my thing.

On-topic: I'd also say, just go and buy it! Is a minor face-lift worth waiting that long?

Last edited:

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
At the risk of getting seriously flamed...I think the new Astra actually looks pretty nice and is now relatively comparible to the Leon in terms of price and spec.

Having said that, I'd still rather have my Leon!

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
At the risk of getting seriously flamed...I think the new Astra actually looks pretty nice and is now relatively comparible to the Leon in terms of price and spec.

Having said that, I'd still rather have my Leon!

I just did a spec comparison on the two but it as useless as I specced an old style Astra....

Regardless of the recent scandal there is no denying that VAG really does have a great line up f engines, both petrol and diesel. No matter what your budget for engine or marque there is something for everyone in the VAG range. I regret ever straying!!

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.