AndrewJB

Guide to updating RNS310 Firmware

KiwiCupra_Ghost

Dec 27, 2014
Hey folks, updated my RNS310 from 0212 > 0351 using the link to the file no problem. I can't, however, update from 0351 > 0357 as I'm having trouble with the link. I don't think it's downloading right. It's not downloading as an ISO file anyway. I was wondering if anyone had the correct file and does it compress enough on WinRAR to email? If not any chance of someone posting me the file or forwarding me to a working download link? Any advice or offers appreciated.

Also, does anyone have a more updated map disks R know where to get it from? I'm running 2009! Haha

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hi,

If I'm not mistaken that's a 7z file, so you need 7-zip to open it. :)
Inside you'll find the ISO.

Regards!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hey folks, updated my RNS310 from 0212 > 0351 using the link to the file no problem. I can't, however, update from 0351 > 0357 as I'm having trouble with the link. I don't think it's downloading right. It's not downloading as an ISO file anyway. I was wondering if anyone had the correct file and does it compress enough on WinRAR to email? If not any chance of someone posting me the file or forwarding me to a working download link? Any advice or offers appreciated.

Also, does anyone have a more updated map disks R know where to get it from? I'm running 2009! Haha

GPS underground also has a thread for updating the map disks to 2012 version

KiwiCupra_Ghost

Dec 27, 2014
Thanks Manji! That's worked a treat now. Never heard of that before in my life!

AndrewJB, thanks, I had already looked on that thread but seemed complicated. I've waded through it and I'm all sorted now!

Keegan

61 CR FR +
Dec 22, 2014
Glasgow
SEAT media system 2.2

I was wondering if any one could tell me if my media system could possibly be updated? I have a 2011 Leon FR+ and my media system says 2.2 when I switch it on. I have went to the setup menu and this is the details

PART NUMBER: 5P0035191E

SOFTWARE VERSION: 0263

SYSTEM HARDWARE VERSION: H33

NAV DATA PART NUMBER: 3AA919866

NAV DATA VERSION: 0311

NAV DATA - DATA MEDIUM: EUR_W_0031

I have seen various updates available on here and people have said that it allows you to have 7 digit postcodes and warning symbols on the map screen. I can put in 7 digit postcodes but don't have any warning symbols on my map screen. I am sure there is other benefits from these updates such as better sound quality from speakers and other things. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hi Keegan,

Sorry for the late reply!

You have an RNS315, so don't use the files in this thread.
You would need to search for RNS315 firmware updates. I did a very quick search but couldn't find anything conclusive. :confused:

Keegan

61 CR FR +
Dec 22, 2014
Glasgow
Hi Keegan,

Sorry for the late reply!

You have an RNS315, so don't use the files in this thread.
You would need to search for RNS315 firmware updates. I did a very quick search but couldn't find anything conclusive. :confused:

ok thanks very much for looking I will keep my eyes open cheers.

Dirt Junkie

Feb 10, 2015
Yorkshire
Ok, so here is where im at: ive started up my screen and all it comes up with is the VW logo. No revisions or versions. Also my actual firmware revision is 263 !?! I have not seen anyone mention this yet so I am scratching my head at this moment in time. I tried to burn the update to 351 from windows 8 to a CD. then put it into the head unit but it comes up CD error. Can anyone please shed some light on this for me.

Cheers Andy

ElPadrino

Mar 26, 2015
Hi everyone,
I want to update my rns 310.
I saw in system definition that my firmware is 212 (h12).

All functionalities work good. bluetooth, gps, etc... but i have fear to spoil something.

So, i can use the 3 first links to update to 351 and then to 357?
i'm a litle bit nervous to do some mistakes... i can only update to 351 using the first link?

What the main diferences between 351 and 357?

After the updates all system works perfectly?

If the update fails...the radio dies?

Thnks

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hi,

For those who updated, did you have any issues burning either of the files?

The one inside the 7zip I was able to burn with Nero. The RNS recognizes it and I can open it in the computer also.

The other file, I wasn't able to burn via Nero. The RNS wouldn't recognize it or the PC.
I then used Imgburn and I could burn it, but while Imgburn did the final checks it mentioned a lot of errors, although the CD directories show up fine when reading at the PC. :confused:

Thanks!

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hi again.

The RNS recognizes it's a firmware CD.
Should I update? :confused:

EDIT: all the images vs. CD were checked with ImgBurn and Beyond Compare. All checked out ok.
Should be upgrading this weekend.

Last edited:

EPod

May 19, 2015
Language

Hello, the update change initial langauge ? My RNS 310 is in french :):);)

JAMI3

Jul 13, 2015
Hi

Used this guide to update the RNS310 in my 2010 Cupra R, it worked a treat with no problems at all

Previously running version 0231, now it's running the 0357 version

Thanks

nunoleoncupra

Oct 19, 2015
Hello
I have a vw rns 310 to 235 (before had the 231) but wanted to upgrade to 351 or 357
someone could help me make a list and explicit with cds and where can I download all very detailed because I'm new in these things ..
Thank you so much
urgently awaiting a reply please