What did you and your MK2 do today?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
How'd you sort the tailgate handle? Normally just blast mine with WD40, does the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove the handle and take it apart completely. Clean all the parts, lubricate the metal pin and reassemble.

-UzY-

Jun 2, 2015
Well timing belt and water pump sorted, however they noticed a boost leak...

Never ending is it

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
Remove the handle and take it apart completely. Clean all the parts, lubricate the metal pin and reassemble.

Ah ok, sounds a bit more of a long term solution than mine haha.

Well timing belt and water pump sorted, however they noticed a boost leak...

Never ending is it

You've got a 1.9tdi right? Check the intercooler pipes, the clips on there went on mine causing a boost leak.

Last edited:

-UzY-

Jun 2, 2015
Ah ok, sounds a bit more of a long term solution than mine haha.

You've got a 1.9tdi right? Check the intercooler pipes, the clips on there went on mine causing a boost leak.

yhh thats correct, intercooler is behind the front bumper?

Need to take the front bumper off then?

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk

Nope

Just sprayed lots of WD40 and worked it with a brush. Then left the tailgate open to allow it to sit and lubricate. Then stuffed a cloth in there to soak up the excess.

Job's a good 'un.

To be fair, taking it apart and cleaning will probably mean it works properly for longer. Depends on how much time you have I guess.

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Got mine wrapped today

Download-File

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Looks awesome.

Ordered mine some lovely new Millers Nanodrive and an R-Tech TFSI heatshield. Hoping it'll all be here by the weekend

Andy ap

Mar 23, 2010
Antrim
Took mine to awesome to get the G201 repair kit fitted. Only to find out it hasn't worked. Argh so they kindly did some shuffling to get me a courtesy car and they'll have to try another one. Hopefully won't require the complete assembly. So far not impressed with the reliability of this car.

Been on the phone to Seat head office to complain about this so lets see what happens.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members