Lighting Upgrades

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I'll soon be back in the UK after 5 months away and straight on to night shift most likely.

From what I remember the lights on the Toledo are a bit pants (well a lot really) for my 30 mile country road commute in the dark.

Has anybody upgraded the dips and/or high beams, and what bulbs do you recommend?

Also, has anyone binned the yellow DRL's for something whiter?

Last edited:

irl_techie

Mar 8, 2015
I upgraded all my bulbs with Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited, much better light than stock.

Have not touched the DRL bulbs as don't really use them.
I put LED's into the dipped beams but it triggerred the bulb light on the dash so took them out again.

Juego

Dec 1, 2009
Hamilton
www.facebook.com
I got them from a mate. They're available on eBay or if you are on Facebook look up Diamond Bulbs on Facebook as they sell them. Profile picture is a silver fn2 civic

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
Just bought some nightbreakers for mine. Absolute ball ache trying to change them! There must be a trick to take off the retaining clip, a trick I don't know anyway! My fingers have had enough.

irl_techie

Mar 8, 2015
Just bought some nightbreakers for mine. Absolute ball ache trying to change them! There must be a trick to take off the retaining clip, a trick I don't know anyway! My fingers have had enough.

I assume you found the removable panel under the wheel arch which gives access to them?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise