Tail lights

Dannycf

Nov 13, 2015
I have the Ibiza copa 3dr with the older style rear lights. Annoyingly someone has driven into the back on my car and damaged it. If I got the new style LED lights from the new Ibiza would they be an easy swap?

I know it might activate the light out warning on the dash but wondering if it's the same plug fitting.

Cheers Danny.

306Chris

Jan 20, 2007
Hi, they are simple to swap over just one grub screw and the threaded wing nut in the boot. Hardest part is getting the lamp out of the rear 1/4 where it clips in.

They work no probs just leaves the bulb warning light on the dash, you can eliminate this the VAG Com by telling the car it has LED lighting

I have a pair of used lamps about to list on eBay if you're interested, we have just bought a new FR so took the LEDs off of our PX

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hi, they are simple to swap over just one grub screw and the threaded wing nut in the boot. Hardest part is getting the lamp out of the rear 1/4 where it clips in.

They work no probs just leaves the bulb warning light on the dash, you can eliminate this the VAG Com by telling the car it has LED lighting

I have a pair of used lamps about to list on eBay if you're interested, we have just bought a new FR so took the LEDs off of our PX

That grub screw, the red plastic one, is it not just to help align the cluster to the car, ie it is used to tilt the cluster? I have to admit that I removed it from one side before taking the cluster off - only to work out that it holds nothing in place.

Dannycf

Nov 13, 2015
I could get them out okay, a bit annoying but wiggled out after a while. Had to remove my full bumper yesterday to DIY repair it.

But thank you for the advice.

Do you have a link to the lights?

Dannycf

Nov 13, 2015
I also took out the red grub screw, however on the other side I screwed it all the way in and it helped push the light out of the clip.

306Chris

Jan 20, 2007
I've not yet listed the lights if you're interested drop me a pm with an offer. There are pics of them fitted and I have pics of them off the vehicle if required

Dannycf

Nov 13, 2015
It doesn't let me pm people as I've just joined the site.
I've seen some on euro parts for around £45 pound a side.
Still looking around but you give me a offer and I'll get back to you as soon as.