Fan Washer Jets - "How To" Guide

roderzz

May 13, 2016
first post for me! spotted this thread after we bought our seat ibiza and laughed at the original washer jets. Just ordered two direct from seat for 8.60 each! seems a lot cheaper than ebay! Very Happy!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hello and welcome to this forum!

Yes, I often wonder why people buy so much from ebay, especially car parts that can be got from main dealers as the main dealer will be selling the latest version.

Having said that, some optional extras, ie accessories, seem to only get sold on ebay, by that I mean some accessories that were a sales failure - and you never knew about, were all returned to VAG main warehouses with only the local stocks being auctioned off and ending up on ebay. One accessory I did buy on ebay was "lane changer module for a VW Passat" - they turned up on ebay for £38 - and I bought and fitted it, then someone quoted that main dealers could order that kit in for £28 - but if I had never seen it for sale on ebay I would not have known that it existed!

The Captain

Jul 23, 2016
Just fitted 5M0 955 985 C9B9 (non heated version) to my 2012 facelifted Ibiza FR. Very easy (2 mins) to install just pull towards the front of the bonnet and downwards - if you do need to lever, use a plastic tool to prevent damage to the paint. Mine use a T10 torx to adjust. The spray pattern is much better than the 'jet' type and covers a wide section of the windscreen, not the roof! Can't understand why these are not fitted as standard.

Chiggers

Oct 29, 2016
Mine are in a jiffy bag on the kitchen table awaiting the arrival of the new vehicle, plus some tape to fasten the old ones somewhere so that I can swap them back before the next change. They will probably be fitted as soon as I get out of the dealer's car park (hopefully on Friday) - not sure how they would take to me lifting the lid and taking out my screwdriver before I've got it off the premises! Getting more than a bit impatient now though...

Paullem90

Dec 30, 2016
Wolverhampton, west midlands
I tried this mod today. and the fan jet washers didn't fit. They kept on coming out. Also they did not spray at all, got them from ebay.

does anyone have a link to a pair that they have brought and work fine?

jonnyht

Aug 28, 2013
Personaly I wouldn't bother with ebay, buy some originals from deaalers. Well worth it and they will fit straight in no bother.

I got a refund for my ebay specials which arrived the 3 jet style but advertised as fan spray, they didn't even fit and were leaking from the connection.

Edit, Mine only spray the lower portion of the screen but when the wipers sweep it cleans the rest, you have a little adjustment when using the allen key adjuter, maybe a little vasaline or grease on the thread to stop it from seizing.

Good luck,

Last edited:

Fez_7

Feb 8, 2017
Leeds
I've contacted my local TPS and they are quoting me £21.98 for a pair. Is this a fair price or am I better off going for eBay?

Are these available for the rear washer too or just the front?

Chiggers

Oct 29, 2016
I've contacted my local TPS and they are quoting me £21.98 for a pair. Is this a fair price or am I better off going for eBay?

Are these available for the rear washer too or just the front?

Sounds about right to me. Getting at the rear one is a lot harder I think; fronts take a matter of minutes and get used much more anyway

Fez_7

Feb 8, 2017
Leeds
Sounds about right to me. Getting at the rear one is a lot harder I think; fronts take a matter of minutes and get used much more anyway

Thanks, may just go with TPS then to be on the safe side and will stick to the front ones only.

With my rear washer though I'm sure its not spraying properly, I'll need to check again tonight but I think it mainly sprays down the boot instead of onto the window - is this a common fault?

leongone

Oct 1, 2017
Correct Part no for 5F?

Hi,

Looking to do this mod can anyone confirm the correct part number as dealer is clueless:rolleyes:

I have these;

5M0955985C9B9

5F0955985 / 986

Dealer says neither will fit 5F [:@]

Thanks

dlok

Feb 4, 2014
I've just checked and realised its a Leon, this thread is for Ibiza so I don't think anyone here will be able to say for sure.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.