Scratched my car :(

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
I scratched/scuffed the passenger side rear bumper wheel arch against a brick wall yesterday (see photo), it has gone through to the metal, needs a respray/blending.

I was quoted £150 for this and some small scuffs on the front bumper which aren't noticeable unless up close. Just wondering, is this a decent quote?

I've been to this guy before when I dented and scratched my rear bumper so I know he's good.

Just realised how unlucky I've been over the past year after typing that haha! (In before **** driver)
d89224fb1e9a884330710edab656d9ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Unless I'm looking at it wrong I always thought that bumper was plastic?

£150 doesn't sound too bad tbf. If you know his work and trust the outcome them go for it :)

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Haha yeah you're right, my bad! It's gone straight through either way :(

He said £130 for just that so for an extra £20 he'll do the front because he'll of already mixed the paint etc so not too bad then I suppose

stadan

Jan 31, 2016
doesn't look too bad really, could have been a new bumper vs a brick wall

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
I suppose, and yeah that's true - Park next to it most days during the week, two weeks off and completely forget how to park obviously

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
Ouchies!
I would get another quote if you're unsure. Try 'The Dent Man' near St.Helens hospital. I have found his work to be really good and also a fair price.

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Ouchies!
I would get another quote if you're unsure. Try 'The Dent Man' near St.Helens hospital. I have found his work to be really good and also a fair price.

I will do, cheers! Didn't know anyone on here lived remotely close to St. Helens!

sophieshuff

Jun 19, 2016
I'd probably get another quote then just to double check, but if you know the guys work is could I'd probably just pay the extra.

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using Tapatalk

jonnyht

Aug 28, 2013
Sounds reasonably priced to me for a bumper respray. Hope you get it resolved soon. Someone kindly scuffed my rear bumper whilst parked at work the other day (lousey bas###ds), so will have to get a qoute soon.

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Yeah price wise that's pretty reasonable I'd say... if you have had work done by him before and have been happy also that is probably worth it compared to someone you don't have experience of unless someone can vouch for them.

A few places I've used in the past have generally been around £150 per panel for just small damage/prep/respray.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.