W44DUP

Leon MK3/5F Front Bumper Removal Guide

SiR26

Mar 21, 2015
Manchester
Nice thanks for the heads up. It seems straight forward enough and very similar to my last car (megane R26) although hopefully you don't need to remove the bumper just to replace a headlight bulb in the seat

W44DUP

May 17, 2016
West Sussex
Nice thanks for the heads up. It seems straight forward enough and very similar to my last car (megane R26) although hopefully you don't need to remove the bumper just to replace a headlight bulb in the seat

You definitely have to remove the bumper to remove the headlights, however I'm not 100% sure about replacing bulbs as I haven't had to yet. I'll be buying bulb upgrades within the next week so I will keep you posted when it comes to installing them.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I'd really appreciate the rear bumper removal :). Even more so if ao remove the black panel from the rear bumper

W44DUP

May 17, 2016
West Sussex
I'd really appreciate the rear bumper removal :). Even more so if ao remove the black panel from the rear bumper

Will do. The rear bumper removal involves taking rear lights off for access to bumper fittings and takes slightly longer than the front bumper. I should be able to post this guide up within the next week. (Depending when I get around to doing it myself and taking photos, etc.

Steve Millward

Jul 6, 2016
Hi, great images.
I'm reading this with interest as I too came into contact with a dopey pigeon!! Hole in my upper grille.
After probing the dreaded dealer they say the bumper only needs to come "half off"!!! What that means I have no idea and nor do they!! I'm obviously concerned it will never go back on the same.
Any thoughts?

W44DUP

May 17, 2016
West Sussex
Hi, great images.
I'm reading this with interest as I too came into contact with a dopey pigeon!! Hole in my upper grille.
After probing the dreaded dealer they say the bumper only needs to come "half off"!!! What that means I have no idea and nor do they!! I'm obviously concerned it will never go back on the same.
Any thoughts?
It will go back on the same if removed/installed with care. :) if you want to do this then feel free to ask any questions or private mail me if you want to.

My email is [email protected]

Steve Millward

Jul 6, 2016
OK mate. Thanks. I'll give it a go as I'm quite fussy with cars so would probably do a better job than a dealer anyhow!! I'll try and source one first as I'm not chuffed about paying dealer parts prices...thanks for the encouragement

W44DUP

May 17, 2016
West Sussex
OK mate. Thanks. I'll give it a go as I'm quite fussy with cars so would probably do a better job than a dealer anyhow!! I'll try and source one first as I'm not chuffed about paying dealer parts prices...thanks for the encouragement
If it's just the front upper grille then you will struggle to find one. Is it an FR?
Part number for this grille is:
5F0853654 9B9
5F0853654D 9B9(FR GRILLE)
(9B9 is the colour code, try with or without it when looking)

I just bought the part from the dealer (a lot of money but could not find one) It included the FR badge but not the chrome surround or seat logo. I bought a new seat badge from ebay for 19.95

Steve Millward

Jul 6, 2016
Hi. Yes it's the FR, 2014 mk3. Been quoted £169 Inc vat. I don't need the surround or any badging so am hoping I can re use those items..

W44DUP

May 17, 2016
West Sussex
Hi. Yes it's the FR, 2014 mk3. Been quoted £169 Inc vat. I don't need the surround or any badging so am hoping I can re use those items..

Yes unfortunately that was the price I paid (plus all the other bits!) you can reuse those items .. Just a case of taking it easy when removing and refitting them. If you are unsure then email me with photos at the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mac219

Jan 19, 2017
Thanks for the guide.will help me this weekend when removing mine.

My bumper is sitting out by 3-4mm proud of the wing. I can push it but it springs out again.

What secures the wing at the top side next to headlamp?

W44DUP

May 17, 2016
West Sussex
Thanks for the guide.will help me this weekend when removing mine.

My bumper is sitting out by 3-4mm proud of the wing. I can push it but it springs out again.

What secures the wing at the top side next to headlamp?

The bumper should just be clipped in next to the headlight and is bolted in place from the wheel arch .. do you have any photos to show your problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mac219

Jan 19, 2017
Thanks,something must be broken.I'll strip inner wheel arch 1st .maybe be able to see something.

Sorry I cant post pics. Need 15 posts before I can post url for image

Thanks again..

W44DUP

May 17, 2016
West Sussex
I would say maybe the clips are the wrong side of where they should clip into. Pull it out and try popping it back in again. (Check there are no cracks on the clips) You may need to undo the wheel arch to get some movement on the side of the bumper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.