removal of battery/ drainholes

iannn

Dec 19, 2015
hi, maybe a dumb question but before i disconnect the battery do the RNSE satnav units have a code
cannot see anything in books that came with car,i want to take out battery to clean out drain holes
because there is a slight build up of water in bulkhead area and want it cleared out before any damaged is caused thanks iannn

mcdonald

The drains have some kind of funnel in it (part 8D0 819 419 A). I lost the one under the battery unfortunately. The good thing is that the drain is bigger now. :D

62ccf5fb5122.jpg

IMG_20160611_145841_zpsw4kbephy.png

Corvus Cornix

Jun 30, 2005
Norway
Did change the sidelight bulbs this last night (my hands looks like its been beaten by a cat).
I also started to get this toejam odør in the cupe and gonna get ac-cleaner. Was only investigating the filter beside the battery then I notice water. Out with battery and started cleaning, did lost funnel too. Then I noticed it was 2 drain holes, the 2. was also clogged.
Reconnect battery.
I have the Pioneer avic and had to reprogram fm station and so on. Had to reprogram the car key too.
Went for a ride and used the washer and fan, and today the smell is gone. Still gonna get AC-cleaning and filter.

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
I've just had this issue and no doubt every Exeo owner will too at some point. It's a bit of silly design!

I managed to get my hand underneath to drain out the water rather than taking the battery out. It came gushing out as if emptying a bath!

I found the grommit under the battery first which let a lot of waterout. I then found the odd shaped funnel piece further back (that was a stretch!) and that let out even more water!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise