what have you done to your car today ?

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
So....

Went to change the DBM... Found that my existing mount had a rather large crack and chunk missing

Plus snapped both bolts into the subframe!

Luckily I'd bought new bolts from Sere Motors and GSF had a mount in stock.

So some quick work with the grinder had the old one off and I got the new one with the Poly bushes fitted.

Old mount after removal.

d46ce173ffe46a1bda6d94e4a231c5d9.jpg

New mount and bush fitted.

39319ee3edee22df9405833fe285715d.jpg

I would defiantly advise buying replacement bolts before doing this job, both my friends with a Leon had snapped bolts too.

Also fitted my quick shift, surprisingly easy to do and feels great!

Last edited:

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Finally got round to getting a JR cone and heat shield, minor service, new thermostat and throttle body cleaned at AmD following the full service, cambelt and water pump I had done last year. 108K miles Running like new, ready for my 3 year stint at university

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
Annoying dent in my rear door, thought I'd give the hot and cold method a go.

Basic principle is to heat the metal up, until it's hot to touch so it expands, then rapidly cool it using compressed air to contract it again.

Note: using a heat gun or blow torch would most likely result in a loss of paint! Use the wife's hairdryer... Or pretend it's the wife's of it's actually yours..

It's not going to get every sent out but isn't bad.

Mine looked like this to start with:

f67fe7ed764ab5d46cfb3062a11fa899.jpg

After some heat and cooling using these:

9ab088e8740e62799fd388d74b38316b.jpg

The result is this:

9076b92f4f964bca6b356c96a3fcdffe.jpg

It's not perfect and still has a slight crease, which would always of needed professional work to remove. However it's not as bad by a long way and very cheap!

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
Nicely done, hardly visible at all now, I'd be well chuffed with that.

Thanks, there is still a slight crease showing so I may have another go and concentrate on that area more.

Overall happy with the results though, it was annoying seeing it every time I walked up to the car!

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
Annoying dent in my rear door, thought I'd give the hot and cold method a go.

Basic principle is to heat the metal up, until it's hot to touch so it expands, then rapidly cool it using compressed air to contract it again.

Note: using a heat gun or blow torch would most likely result in a loss of paint! Use the wife's hairdryer... Or pretend it's the wife's of it's actually yours..

It's not going to get every sent out but isn't bad.

Mine looked like this to start with:

f67fe7ed764ab5d46cfb3062a11fa899.jpg

After some heat and cooling using these:

9ab088e8740e62799fd388d74b38316b.jpg

The result is this:

9076b92f4f964bca6b356c96a3fcdffe.jpg

It's not perfect and still has a slight crease, which would always of needed professional work to remove. However it's not as bad by a long way and very cheap!

That was a nasty dent. It looks much better now. I might try that in future.

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
Yeah... The most annoying part was I did it when trying the 'Palming Method' to release the door lock....

I got annoyed and hit slightly too hard... And in the wrong place.

Still, gives me something to do!

Last edited:

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
Those door looks are a pain. I've replaced all four on my car in the last 3 years thankfully before they got stuck locked!

DJH70

May 22, 2016
I braved the hot weather and fitted a new rear wiper motor this afternoon. Simple enough job. Probably took me longer to get the tailgate plastic trim off and back on again! I had to repair a couple of clip mounts as they cracked when I pulled trim off last week when I realised the motor was leaking. Also T-cut and polished the tailgate as it had a key scratch and some other marks in the paint. Slowly getting the car up together.

Last edited:

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
M249 removal this evening, I read a few guides on here before doing it.

Most say the hoses need cutting to remove, this is not the case. I've removed everything complete so it can be refitted if needed at a later date.

Results seem good, although will know more when the air isn't so hot!

stevocupra

Jul 1, 2016
Received a new splitter type dump valve today for free and fixed my widow switches back into my drivrs door and finished my valeting project. Result!

DJH70

May 22, 2016
Replaced my electric mirror switch today as the bit where the plug connects was broken and had been bodged with super glue! Also managed to get the door pin alarm led working.

Bunter6

Dec 29, 2010
Coatbridge
Put the car up for sale the other day on eBay, took the car for a full valet and detail yesterday, fell back in love with the car again & asked myself"why are you selling it you tit!?".

So took the add back down today & treated the car to a set of Bilstein B8's to say sorry to the car! lol

DJH70

May 22, 2016
Put the car up for sale the other day on eBay, took the car for a full valet and detail yesterday, fell back in love with the car again & asked myself"why are you selling it you tit!?".

So took the add back down today & treated the car to a set of Bilstein B8's to say sorry to the car! lol

I've had this a few times in the past. Advertised the car for sale, go for a drive and suddenly the car drives great and think to myself, why am I selling it! I'm really pleased with my cupra. It needs a few jobs doing but I don't mind tinkering. Just wish I had the funds to have bought an R!

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
Went to fit a universal boost gauge but it appears it doesn't fit which I'm cheesed off about, I'm trying to source a pillar pod but can't find one. So looks like I'm going to have to wait.

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
Fitted rear yellow stuff brake pads. Raised coilvers to stop some horribly clunking when driving. Also noticed it steers like a drunk man. What is wrong with my car? It feels like it has no ARB and will almost tip over when turning.

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
Picked my car up from Badger 5 at the weekend, after having the following fitted-

Uprated rods
Supertech valves
Supertech exhaust valves
Piston rings
Engine head rebuild- skin, guides, valves
K04-380 hybrid turbo
Gen2 high flow manifold
V2.2 Silicon tip
Bosch 550cc injectors
AEM Water Meth kit
Toyo front intercooler
Custom stage 4 map
Forge baffled sump
JR Filter cone
Vibratechnik engine mounts side x2
Vibratechnik engine mounts dogbone inserts

Last edited:

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Picked my car up from Badger 5 at the weekend, after having the following fitted-

Uprated rods
Supertech valves
Supertech exhaust valves
Piston rings
Engine head rebuild- skin, guides, valves
K04-380 hybrid turbo
Gen2 high flow manifold
V2.2 Silicon tip
Bosch 550cc injectors
AEM Water Meth kit
Toyo front intercooler
Custom stage 4 map
Forge baffled sump
JR Filter cone
Vibratechnik engine mounts side x2
Vibratechnik engine mounts dogbone inserts

How much did that all set you back buddy, must be such a huge difference. I can imagine the excitement picking it up.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.