Build week for new Cupra 290's

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
So I've just received my confirmation that i've now got an unconfirmed build slot for week 39, meaning delivery 3-4 weeks later at the earliest - could be later i guess. It was originally a 10-12 week lead time from 1st week of July but now it won't be delivered until end of October...

1st world problems I know, but i'm more interested if anyone else who has snapped up the crazy 290 deals has been given any kind of build slot confirmations as of yet that are earlier.

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
Also been given a week 39 slot. I'll happily wait longer. March would actually be ideal for me.

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
Just paid deposit and the guy said they were estimating 11-14 weeks at the moment but he would confirm in the next few days.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Waiting to hear news of mine also. Don't forget that the Factory is closed down in August.
I am thinking on 5-6 weeks after manufacture is the earliest for delivery - 3-4 weeks travel from factory to UK, a week for distribution to dealers and a week for dealer to get it ready.

WhiteCupra290

Forrest H
Jul 31, 2016
Fife, Scotland
Hoping factory not shut as I've got a build date of next week according to my dealership! If it's closed whole of August I won't be getting mines till October either

I ordered mines last week though was very lucky to get one of a cancelled order that was already queued for building! Couldn't believe my luck :)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
It will just be the standard 2 week shut down, jag/land rover are currently shut down for 2 weeks aswell

Not in Spain, or Italy.... missed the deadline for ordering parts from an Italian supplier at the end of July, realistically I won't see those parts now till mid September.... if I'm lucky...
P.s got ours in two weeks from date of order as there was one at port , happy days

Last edited:

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
I ordered 7.7.16 and have been told week 39, everyone who has ordered one lately I know have been given the same week.

Might be the right hand drive week :)

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Is that a 290 or 290 Black? I ordered on 17.7.16 and they were no longer able to order a factory build 290, just the 290 Black ?

Hoping to get an update on mine later today.

I ordered 7.7.16 and have been told week 39, everyone who has ordered one lately I know have been given the same week.

Might be the right hand drive week :)

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I wonder how many 290’s will be on ours roads from October? There might be quite a few, but they’d have to build a shed load more for it to be in Golf R territory though – I swear every other car is a Golf R nowadays!
I’ve looked on ‘how many left’ and can’t see any 290’s on the long list of Leons, apart from one that shows up as ‘leon cupra tsi s-a’ with only 14 sold – I assume this the DSG though.
Would SEAT would do what Renault did with the Renault Sport range and release the figures of what colours and which options sold?

WhiteCupra290

Forrest H
Jul 31, 2016
Fife, Scotland
I wonder how many 290’s will be on ours roads from October? There might be quite a few, but they’d have to build a shed load more for it to be in Golf R territory though – I swear every other car is a Golf R nowadays!
I’ve looked on ‘how many left’ and can’t see any 290’s on the long list of Leons, apart from one that shows up as ‘leon cupra tsi s-a’ with only 14 sold – I assume this the DSG though.
Would SEAT would do what Renault did with the Renault Sport range and release the figures of what colours and which options sold?

How many left is a website that shows how many of different cars and models are taxed or SORNd on British roads :)

Doubt they will be up on their yet usually takes a year or two for it to update to new models :(

I reckon there will be a few but still fewer than Golf GTI even, so few people look to Seat for a performance car, sadly overlooked! But with fantastic deals and PCH I reckon it'll be the best selling model of Cupra yet but will still be well below Golf sales

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
Take the figures on Howmanyleft with a pinch of salt. I was on another forum where a guy who worked for the DVLA checked the number of certain models on their system against what people were reporting from Howmanyleft and the figures were well off.

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Got my build week through today - week 38, commencing 19 Sep. Dealer says expect delivery mid-late October

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.