2017 Leon!!!

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
I think it's pretty much expected that the 300PS 4WD Cupra is coming but to the ST ONLY as per AndrewJB post and the pricelist leaks already seen online.

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
I spoke to a SEAT dealer this morning, who confirmed that the 1.8TSi petrol engine option will not be available on any of the 2017 facelifted SEAT Leon model variants or trim levels in the UK, leaving the existing 1.4TSi 150PS engine as the most powerful petrol engine in the UK apart from the petrol engine in the still to be announced facelifted Cupra.

Very disappointing, as I was hoping to replace my existing 1.8TSi petrol DSG Leon with a new one with the same brilliant engine and gearbox combination.

I notice according to the configurator on the German SEAT website, that the 1.8TSi petrol engine option continues to be available for the 2017 facelifted SEAT Leon for the German market.

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
I spoke to a SEAT dealer this morning, who confirmed that the 1.8TSi petrol engine option will not be available on any of the 2017 facelifted SEAT Leon model variants or trim levels in the UK, leaving the existing 1.4TSi 150PS engine as the most powerful petrol engine in the UK apart from the petrol engine in the still to be announced facelifted Cupra.

Very disappointing, as I was hoping to replace my existing 1.8TSi petrol DSG Leon with a new one with the same brilliant engine and gearbox combination.

I notice according to the configurator on the German SEAT website, that the 1.8TSi petrol engine option continues to be available for the 2017 facelifted SEAT Leon for the German market.

might be worth hanging on to it then

Kraken

May 31, 2016
UK
Yes, I may do that. The SEAT dealer said that less than 2% of Mk3 SEAT Leons have the 1.8TSi petrol engine, so it seems to be a bit of a rarity!

Wow. If he's really right about that % then we are part of a pretty exclusive club and perhaps, just perhaps...it may retain it's value quite a lot more. I knew they were rare when I was trying to get a test drive of one, but my new one only took 10 weeks from factory so at least they remembered how to make them lol but wow yeah, really surprised it's that low they are great!

I think mine is brilliant, the extra grunt from the engine feels very noticable over the 150, the IRS as well is a welcome feature as my god does it handle well at speed a lot better than the ones without it, I found that out on roundabout a few weeks ago where if not for my reactions that sodding range rover probably would of taken us out with it's harsh braking, I love it, great engine and trim

Looks like in the future I will more than likely almost certainly be keeping hold of it and adding performance upgrades instead for it too then who knows, things could still change a lot over the next 2-3 years.

As for the 2017 model, I don't like the "Hook" on the DRLs I prefer the much more angular straight lines of mine, and hell no to E-HBrakes, give me a physical one any day. Lights at rear are nice but nothing overall I'd drop my wallet for, no way at all.

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
The benefits of the 1.8 much out way the 6mpg fuel saving over the 1.4 act (we have both so can compare) they will be sort after on the used market but il probably keep mine for a while:D

HazeTaze

Aug 31, 2016
Looks so good. F*** i just recently got a 2016 model. and this completes all that i wanted to have in a car.

rambalad

Nov 1, 2013
Merseyside

Just reading a press release on the 2017 Golf and it mentions that the 1.4 is being replaced by a 148bhp 1.5 COD. Wonder when SUK will get it?

Nick2016

Sep 17, 2016
The new Golf is getting a new seven speed DSG. Replacing the six speed. I assume this means it'll be more robust then the current seven speed. Is the Leon keeping the old DSG?

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
The new Golf is getting a new seven speed DSG. Replacing the six speed. I assume this means it'll be more robust then the current seven speed. Is the Leon keeping the old DSG?

I'm sure I read that the new Leon will get 7 speed DSG too - will be uprated one.

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Have keyless on other car, nice but theft sensitive.

Electronic handbrake - happy I still have the manual one, allows me to do this:
https://youtu.be/1TYMe1ZwOB4

The 4wd Cupra ST, will that be DSG only as in the Golf R Estate I suppose?

Last edited:

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Was at SEAT dealer today. Advised facelift will be launched 1 December, with Cupra details coming sometime in December.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Ah yes it does in the advert says estate. Might try to order a 5 door 4WD see what they say.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.