2017 Leon!!!

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
There's a lot of errors on there, no accesories page either. The xcellence trim comes with a lot of stuff that I would have had to add on before. I'm torn between that and the FR. FR wins with the interior and better wheels, front grille...
xcellence front grill is horrible. I really don't know what they were thinking with that one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
It's gone live now. The 1.8 engine is gone.

Well, big decisions to make now in the next month or so!
When I change my current 3 and a half year old 1.8 in April/May do I stick with Seat and order my 4th Leon FR but settle for the 1.4 or do I leave Seat after nearly 12 years and go back to a VW Golf?
I'm sure that the 1.4 Tsi ACT DSG will be perfectly adequate engine wise as most of my driving is on fairly winding county roads, but I just wonder how much I will notice not having the multilink rear suspension and better brakes for this type of driving. My other alternative is the VW Golf 1.4 GT Edition, which has the same 1.4 ACT Tsi engine but it does have the multilink rear suspension. Also, although it's about £3,000 more the Golf GT Edition does come with quite a few nice extras included. I did used to like the better quality interior of the Golf and its resale value will be much higher in another 3-4 years time.

Big decisions now I can't order another 1.8.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Yep it wasn't where you'd expect it to be.

Not sure there aren't any mistakes in there. Convenience pack is listed as not available on the xcellence, and standard on the FR, whereas on the configurator, it's optional on the FR and (I assume) standard on the xcellence?

EDIT - figured it out. xcellence has convenience pack plus as standard, which is why the convenience pack isn't available.

Last edited:

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
There's a lot of errors on there, no accesories page either. The xcellence trim comes with a lot of stuff that I would have had to add on before. I'm torn between that and the FR. FR wins with the interior and better wheels, front grille...

There are some errors in descriptions in the price list. Parts are clearly copy and paste from older docs, such as still giving details of 6.5" touchscreen. Hope the quality control on the cars is better than the website admin.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
It's all loads cheaper. The car I've spec'd is about £3k cheaper than the outgoing model I was going to get, and it has more stuff on it!

Boheme purple FR for me I think. With leather and panoramic roof. I'm curious about the mystery blue, but need to see it in the flesh

Last edited:

Discopanda

May 10, 2016
So adding adaptive cruise control removes the square bit from the lower grill on the configurator. Does that seem right?

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010

ActionScript

Mar 10, 2016
Big gap now in the range FR 150 - Cupra 300 bhp, hopefully they will fill this with something..

They must be filling the gap, I can't imagine Seat would be that silly to not add a middle ground BHP car. Maybe they're planning to announce the 1.8 a couple months down the line.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
The petrol models really aren't selling well. At least in the estate. From the conversations I've had with two seat dealerships. You could have any of the diesels but the petrols just aren't shifting, so there's no stock of them as dealerships don't want stock sitting around.

VW are bringing out a 1.5 L version of the ACT engine next year. I hear it will have 150bhp still, but maybe it will have more torque, or perhaps a more powerful version will be available to close the gap.

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
Excellence trim does not have the 1.6TDi engine available? But you can have the 1.0l petrol? Makes no sense. The 2.0TDI DSG is stated as 6-speed, but I thought there was a new 7-speed DSG for the more powerful models - what happened to that?

It's like they don't want me to replace my current motor with an upgraded model.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
The new engine and gearboxes are being launched with the facelifted golf, which is due out a bit after the leon. The golf will get priority as is always the way with the VW group!

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Good point, I'd hang tight on the facelift until the new engines come out. I wonder if the 1.5 act will have 3 power outputs? One lower and one higher than 150...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.