Seat Leon ST Cupra Side Skirts

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Hi,
Im looking to fit the OEM side skirts from the performance pack.
I have found that the part number is 5F0071610.
And i kind fina them from good price in prime Inclusive shipping 300£°

Question.
How are they fitted? Any glue and stuff involved?
Anyone have any info on that? Is it an easy job?

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Hi,

Im looking to fit the OEM side skirts from the performance pack.

I have found that the part number is 5F0071610.

And i kind fina them from good price in prime Inclusive shipping 300£°

Question.

How are they fitted? Any glue and stuff involved?

Anyone have any info on that? Is it an easy job?

I think there bonded on with maybe a screw in each wheel arch. Could be wrong though. Where did you find them for that price. Good find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
I think there bonded on with maybe a screw in each wheel arch. Could be wrong though. Where did you find them for that price. Good find

Found them on ebay, searching for the part number.

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016

And here they are for 297 £ incl VAT
seatpartsshop.co.uk/product/SEAT_Leon_Sports_Side_Skirts_5_Door_in_Primer_5F0071610

And pre painted for 348 £:
Red: seatpartsshop.co.uk/product/SEAT_Leon_Sports_Side_Skirts_5_Door_in_Emotion_Red_5F0071610DS3H
White: seatpartsshop.co.uk/product/SEAT_Leon_Sports_Side_Skirts_5_Door_in_Candy_White_5F0071610DB9A

Last edited:

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
And here they are for 297 £ incl VAT
seatpartsshop.co.uk/product/SEAT_Leon_Sports_Side_Skirts_5_Door_in_Primer_5F0071610

And pre painted for 348 £:
Red: seatpartsshop.co.uk/product/SEAT_Leon_Sports_Side_Skirts_5_Door_in_Emotion_Red_5F0071610DS3H
White: seatpartsshop.co.uk/product/SEAT_Leon_Sports_Side_Skirts_5_Door_in_Candy_White_5F0071610DB9A
Links aren't active on my mobile.... Are those for the ST or the 5 door? Web addresses suggest 5 door.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Links aren't active on my mobile.... Are those for the ST or the 5 door? Web addresses suggest 5 door.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Same measurement as the 5 door the st is larger from the wheel back iirc

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Have anyone tried any of the ebay versions:
M.ebay.com/itm/201678289816?NAV=HOME

Got this answer from the seller how they are mounted :
Parts should be bonded along using silicon glue and bolted on each end using self tapping bolts.

And this If they look exactly like the OEM:
Yes, they have exactly the same look
regards
Peter
CLC

So, any known drawbacks purchasing 'fake'?
They are very cheap in comparison

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Have anyone tried any of the ebay versions:

M.ebay.com/itm/201678289816?NAV=HOME

Got this answer from the seller how they are mounted :

Parts should be bonded along using silicon glue and bolted on each end using self tapping bolts.

And this If they look exactly like the OEM:

Yes, they have exactly the same look

regards

Peter

CLC

So, any known drawbacks purchasing 'fake'?

They are very cheap in comparison

Think they maybe made of fibre glass which is more fragile than abs And may not be as good as oem skirts in terms of fitment

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Yeah, read up on that. OEM it is.
Trying to find a good set. The ones I was trying to purchase was UK only. im located in sweden.
Local dealer wants 800£. Best price on ebay with international shipping is 450£. Got quoted painting 180£ and fitting 200£ at local paint shop.

Expensive plastic......
But know I need to have them. :handbags:

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Attaching them

Yeah, read up on that. OEM it is.
Trying to find a good set. The ones I was trying to purchase was UK only. im located in sweden.
Local dealer wants 800£. Best price on ebay with international shipping is 450£. Got quoted painting 180£ and fitting 200£ at local paint shop.

Expensive plastic......
But know I need to have them. :handbags:

I'd enquired about retrofitting them. I was thinking of getting them to complement the Brembos. According to the Seat technicians it's bolted on at each end & bonded too. Painted off the car. I would use a local reputable bodyshop instead though. Haven't convinced myself as yet.

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
I'd enquired about retrofitting them. I was thinking of getting them to complement the Brembos. According to the Seat technicians it's bolted on at each end & bonded too. Painted off the car. I would use a local reputable bodyshop instead though. Haven't convinced myself as yet.

I was planning on having them painted seperatly and then fitted to the car. Is that what you mean when saying painted off the car? Or do you mount first and paint with them mounted?

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
painting

I was planning on having them painted seperatly and then fitted to the car. Is that what you mean when saying painted off the car? Or do you mount first and paint with them mounted?

As in they're painted off the car before fitting. You don't paint them on the car.

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Having some truble finding a dealer that are willing to ship international.. :( any tips? Uk dealer price range from 300-350 and ebay prices start from 420, and my local dealer price starts at 780.

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Having some truble finding a dealer that are willing to ship international.. :( any tips? Uk dealer price range from 300-350 and ebay prices start from 420, and my local dealer price starts at 780.

Could you not go to your local dealer and ask them if they price match? Never know until you ask

Jacko_

Jan 4, 2017
Manchester
It's a real shame Seat didn't fit the skirts on the Cupra model. They look really good on the fr and seems very odd that the top of the range model doesn't have them.

Last edited:

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
It's a real shame Seat didn't fit the skirts on the Cupra model. They look really good on the fr and seems very odd that the top of the range model doesn't have them.

They weren't standard on the FR. You needed to get the sport pack. On the Cupra you got the skirts with the sub8 pack.

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Could you not go to your local dealer and ask them if they price match? Never know until you ask

True. Will send out the question.
Asked three independent seat dealers and got exact same quote.
will get back to all three of them.

really wierd if I can get a better price as a end customer at a UK dealer, than the price they get from seat.... but we will se. I will keep on searching. I really want them :)

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
True. Will send out the question.

Asked three independent seat dealers and got exact same quote.

will get back to all three of them.

really wierd if I can get a better price as a end customer at a UK dealer, than the price they get from seat.... but we will se. I will keep on searching. I really want them :)

Yeah I know what you mean. I purchased some from that link. Because the ones I previously ordered arrived damaged from another company. At this price it's too good to miss

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.