2017 Leon!!!

andycupra

status subject to change
F*** all the nancy technology and invest instead making it a better drive with nicer looks.

do i really need a wireless phone charger, i might not even have one that can use this.

more genius indicators that are part of the headlight so will be near invisible to oncoming traffic at night.

electronic handbrake, FFS

on a positive note, 1 nice new colour now available.

FRING

Jan 1, 2017
F*** all the nancy technology and invest instead making it a better drive with nicer looks.

do i really need a wireless phone charger, i might not even have one that can use this.

more genius indicators that are part of the headlight so will be near invisible to oncoming traffic at night.

electronic handbrake, FFS

on a positive note, 1 nice new colour now available.

lol! Which new colour is that?

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland

Depends how bright they are on the facelift, but I can see my front LED indicators on my 2014 one reflect off road signs/cars from quite a distance at night.

hc25036

Mar 13, 2015
Regarding the electric handbrake after having one on my last car (a Passat), I will avoid them in future a all costs unless I intended to get rid of the car in a few years. Apart from the hassle with brake pads and worrying about failures, the motors (one on each rear wheel) take a fearful battering (high torque needed to keep the brakes on) and were built to a price (plastic parts).

After about 4-5 years, the motors started to fail and cost £600+ each to replace. They usually failed with the brake on, so the car had to be lifted to get to a garage. A cable and a handle to pull suddenly becomes a whole lot more attractive!

FRING

Jan 1, 2017
What do you guys think of the option of the Dynamic & Comfort Pack? Worthwhile at £920? Could I use the £1000 voucher Seat is giving away till the 23rd Jan?

FRING

Jan 1, 2017
a dark purple:

Boheme Purple

can take a look here by selecting colour option

Yeah, what do you think of that? Like it, but not sure I'd be brave enough to go for it. Same with the Mystery blue. Looks lovely, but maybe abit bright for me..

Monsoon grey looks stunning in the background of the OP video though! Audi colour that and a very popular one too.

Having looked at the Audi A3, the Leon appears to offer all the kit plus a lot more, for a lot less money! How they compare on the road and build quality, I will find out tomorrow!

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Monsoon grey really suits the Leon, I thought it might be a bit boring at first but in person it looks great. I really like mine.

FRING

Jan 1, 2017
Monsoon grey really suits the Leon, I thought it might be a bit boring at first but in person it looks great. I really like mine.

Looks abit like a race car in Monsoon. Just add decals and go to the track! Very stealthy. Monsoon looks more aggressive on the Leon than the A3. CLASSY colour too...

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Two SEAT Atecas coming my direction left out of a junction at the weekend. No mistaking the indicators. I could see it 300 yards at least away. They actually distracted me more than anything. As the DRL LED is off this time rather than dimmed. Not sure if I like it as much now I've seen it on the road but way brighter than current Leon setup that's for sure.

Last edited:

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
What do you guys think of the option of the Dynamic & Comfort Pack? Worthwhile at £920? Could I use the £1000 voucher Seat is giving away till the 23rd Jan?

I assume this is for an FR? If so, unless the ride has been softened quite considerably in the 2017 update, I would recommend this pack. I went with an FR without the adaptive suspension for 18 months and wish I'd got one with it.

The sports suspension might not be ridiculously harsh but if you are using it as your daily commuter and have to endure some of the "classic" British roads then it will make things a lot more relaxing. Best of both worlds if you can afford it... it might also hide some of the rattles better.

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
If you are concerned about comfort would the new Excellence spec not be a better bet over an FR?

gamer555

Dec 6, 2008
Brussels
the 300 ps Golf R estate had 5.1 seconds to 62 mph and less CO2 with this exact engine. unless the CUPRA 300 is intentionally sabotaged, those figures must be incorrect.

all the other CO2 and acceleration figures are exactly the same as for the 290 version. unless SEAT finally admits that they were actually using the same Golf R engine, with 10 extra PS on a wider RPM range and extra torque, I figure you must gain at least 0.1 seconds to 62 mph.

besides that, the design changes are subtle but nice. the white stripes on the interior are gone, we have full black now.