Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
I am still refusing to buy a new SD card from seat just now due to a new road being built near me and a complete overhaul of another road

only reason i tried to update it in the first place is it would annoy me apparently being in a field

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Fairly off topic... but I now have a Golf which obviously gets free map updates. I have updated twice and I cannot notice what has changed - I did one very recently which still has the old layout where the M6 becomes the A14. If a major new road junction like that doesn't make the cut then I have no idea what does. I know it doesn't help the thread but you're really not missing out on much.

Last edited:

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
Fairly off topic... but I now have a Golf which obviously gets free map updates. I have updated twice and I cannot notice what has changed - I did one very recently which still has the old layout where the M6 becomes the A14. If a major new road junction like that doesn't make the cut then I have no idea what does. I know it doesn't help the thread but you're really not missing out on much.

The road that said i was in a field (M74) im sure was finished in 2011/2012 yet the maps on my 2013 (63 plate) didnt show this makes me think they just release the update without actually updating anything.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Maps seem to run 12-18 months behind, as your Leon is 2013 it could have 2011 maps in it.

exciter

Jan 16, 2017
Krypton
Hi, found this thread. Im also interested in getting new maps run without mapcare.
I found this: http*s://w*ww.google.com/patents/WO2015186025A1?cl=en
Its about how to Update single regions of a navigational database. PRODUCT. NDS is also named...
Maybe it could be imported.
This also (search for CID)
htt*p://w*ww.google.com/patents/US8683606
http*s://google.com/patents/WO2011102164A1?cl=en&hl=de
Best regards

Steffen

Last edited:

exciter

Jan 16, 2017
Krypton
I managed to make a working backup of my V1 card.
Got an old samsung 32GB micro sd card and faked the CID and S/N to the original one.
After that i copied my data from the original card to the new card and it worked.
Also if I download the V1 data from the internet and put it on the card, it worked.

After using the "untouched" content in my car, I compared the files with the downloaded ones.
No difference at all...
If i copy actual nav data to the card it isnt recognized...

I also rebuild the whole database extracted from PRODUCT.NDS and ROOT.NDS Version 0430 and 0730 but i dont think the key is in there....hmm
h*ttps://w*ww.dropbox.com/s/2jch92elca5pvwg/database.png?dl=0

Maybe cipherKeyInfoTable is importent???
h*ttps://w*ww.dropbox.com/s/qhdjn3im3d4m7mt/database2.png?dl=0

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

exciter thanks for the info, is it easy to change the CID and S/N As the stuff i have seen on google uses an android device and does not look simple.

Also have things changed as i thought that mapcare did not work on SEAT cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

exciter

Jan 16, 2017
Krypton
Its not that hard. I also used an android device, but u can also use a MacBook with Ubuntu.
USB Card Reader wont work since u Need raw access to the Card.
I used an old Samsung 32gb Card (Black one). Ive bought a evo plus 32gb Card, but the backdoor for changing cid was closed on this one.

exciter

Jan 16, 2017
Krypton
Okay, managed to get 0730 ECE1 2017 working :)
In short, orig. Overall.NDS seems somehow to be paired with your car.
I was able to replace allmost all files from my V1 card, except for OVERALL.NDS.
When I edit this file, card isnt accepted anymore.
So I replaced the 0730 Overall with my original, copied over to SD and it is working :)

Just tested some routing, SDS e.g. and it seems to work...
Maybe will provide an how-to, but still not sure....

Edit: got some restarts yet. Have to figure out why...

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Sounds promising, firstly thanks for the info I have a mac so will go with Ubuntu. Sounds like you make have cracked it there will be many people who are very happy if it works. Please keep us updated

notabenem

Aug 26, 2016
Okay, managed to get 0730 ECE1 2017 working :)

Fantastic news! That means I am back on this spite of the old map data (10/2015) in a 11/2016 update (see post http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4691389&postcount=507)

i am going to 'decrypt' the OVERALL.NDS and compare (0635_MP153-1204c2.xEUR1 vs 0730_MP161-1231a.xEUR1)

PS: the dealer here in SK has absolutely no idea what's going on with SEAT. At first (a year ago) they were told on a training, that all updates are for free in this country and mapcare can't be purchased. Then this november update came and it wasn't accepted by the cars. So they askedthe importer, who said, updates are NOT for free and mapcare can't be purchased. Yet after this statement a different trainer again told them updates are supposed to be free....

Last edited:

exciter

Jan 16, 2017
Krypton
We really need to know the content of Overall.nds. Entropy Looks like it inst encrypted Data, but Compressed deflate Stream (extra.sqlite)? With 0730 i get sporadic reboots. 0521 seems to work.
Will get back on this tomorrow and post results.

Last edited:

notabenem

Aug 26, 2016
OVERALL.NDS seems to be encrypted, or not following the a plain ZIPVFS compressed sqlite DB.
To facilitate progress I have open-sourced my conversion utility, here: https://github.com/ratcashdev/zipvfs-converter/tree/master

Currently, this utility is able to convert the following files:maps/00/nds/PRODUCT/PRODUCT.NDS, maps/00/nds/ROOT.NDS, maps/EEC/PRODUCT.NDS and all the files under maps/00/sds/*.db

It is NOT able to decrypt: maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS, maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/BMD.NDS or any of the files under maps/00/nds/PRODUCT/E*/*

/maps/00/sds/meta_info.db is a regular SQLITE database without compression.

Last edited:

exciter

Jan 16, 2017
Krypton
Great work :)
Hmm, did a fresh format copied 0730, replaced OVERALL.NDS but still restarts.
Will try a earlier version tomorrow...
Im also unable to decompress/encode this file ;)

notabenem

Aug 26, 2016
Took a closer look on OVERALL.NDS. The biggest page (#1) contains quite long runs of zeros [00] in the middle. This pretty much rules out anything increasing entropy (ZLIB, or encryption). Rather, it looks like a special payload is used, the format of which is, unfortunately, unknown and not documented publicly.

exciter

Jan 16, 2017
Krypton
If you Look at zipvfs header description, it seems there are 21 pages and 64k deflate data. If I ran binwalk -X I only get 0.31k data...
Since we miss zlib magic number, it could be some raw deflate data??

notabenem

Aug 26, 2016
Not sure from where you got the 64k of deflate data. The header says the deflated DB's size is 1376256 bytes (see dbSize). Only the first 3 data pages contain usable data out of the 21.
I am also struggling mapping offset 0x1C8 (the first Free Slot) to the B tree structure according to the specs.

EDIT: it still may be a special compression. Other 'standardly' compressed files (e.g. PRODUCT.NDS) also contain list of zeros inside the ZLIB stream. I have also tried inserting/overwriting the magic header, but it did not help.

Last edited:

notabenem

Aug 26, 2016
If you Look at zipvfs header description, it seems there are 21 pages and 64k deflate data. If I ran binwalk -X I only get 0.31k data...
Since we miss zlib magic number, it could be some raw deflate data??

Could you please paste the binwalk output here?

notabenem

Aug 26, 2016
I managed to make a working backup of my V1 card.
Got an old samsung 32GB micro sd card and faked the CID and S/N to the original one.
After that i copied my data from the original card to the new card and it worked.
Also if I download the V1 data from the internet and put it on the card, it worked.

After using the "untouched" content in my car, I compared the files with the downloaded ones.
No difference at all...
If i copy actual nav data to the card it isnt recognized...

I also rebuild the whole database extracted from PRODUCT.NDS and ROOT.NDS Version 0430 and 0730 but i dont think the key is in there....hmm
h*ttps://w*ww.dropbox.com/s/2jch92elca5pvwg/database.png?dl=0

Maybe cipherKeyInfoTable is importent???
h*ttps://w*ww.dropbox.com/s/qhdjn3im3d4m7mt/database2.png?dl=0

How did you open the NDS file contents with SQLiteStudio? I mean I have published my tool only yesterday. Are there also other tools to open/convert NDS files?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.