Seat Leon ST Cupra Side Skirts

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
they are looking good. really good. set the car off nicely.

I did get some pics from the folks in Poland of the side skirts in primer. they look good and same as OEM. plus with fitment on the car too.

Friendly reminder that the extra bucks you spend on OEM, you will hopefully get back when selling it.

That's how I argumented with myself.

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
they are looking good. really good. set the car off nicely.

I did get some pics from the folks in Poland of the side skirts in primer. they look good and same as OEM. plus with fitment on the car too.

During the installation, I believe, the real quality pops up. Eved the original ones have some...I do not know how to say it...installation instructions say that the screw in back wheel arch must be screwed into the liner material, its basically cardboard..wtf? There is no real nest for the screw. I also had to remove front mud flaps, they do not fit with the sideskirts. Well have to see how they needs to be modified. Can you share us the pics?

I thin our deal was about 450€ per pair of already painted OEM sideskirts :p

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
Looking forward to see pics petrolpants.
Shame everything has to be so ****ing expensive in Sweden...
I might skip this completely unless your pictures convince me ;)

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
Looking forward to see pics petrolpants.
Shame everything has to be so ****ing expensive in Sweden...
I might skip this completely unless your pictures convince me ;)

Well...the primed skirts from Seat in Estonia would have been 700-750€ so... :D

Xabu-ST280

Nov 1, 2015
I like the look of these and I've got a wife pass to order amazingly.

Just noticed that the pre painted white ones on Hortons say Candy white. I have a 2015 280 ST which I think is Nevada white. Hortons also say its for the 2013 > so MK3 but if I stick Candy white in google it talks about MK2.

.seatpartsshop.co.uk/product/SEAT_Leon_Sports_Side_Skirts_5_Door_in_Candy_White_5F0071610DB9A

not sure what to make of that so has anyone ordered these for the cupra mk3 and can confirm its the right white?

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
Friendly reminder that the extra bucks you spend on OEM, you will hopefully get back when selling it.

That's how I argumented with myself.

mine is on a lease petrol pants so not worried about re sale.

just take them off at the end and either sell the skirts or put on the next curpa

should be some cheap facelift deals by then.

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
mine is on a lease petrol pants so not worried about re sale.

just take them off at the end and either sell the skirts or put on the next curpa

should be some cheap facelift deals by then.

Sideskirts are glued in addition to the screws. Glue stripe is ment to be on full length near the outer top side.

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
i811CkF.jpg

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
Dyrt! / Expensive!

Approx. 900 pund shipped, painted, fitted and glue.

Like we say in Swedish: It costs to lay on top.

Looks great tho, but i think i will pass this pleasure for that price.
I will focus on my floor mats and splitter :p

Which splitter do you have there on that red beast?

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
that looks great and loads better. congrats you must be happy with that result!

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
For those who fitted their own skirts what did you use to wipe down the sills with prior to glueing the skirts on? Will a strong silicone remover be suitable? Hoping to attempt my install soon.

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
I just used paper towels, they worked really nicely on my case. Skirts have been installed for few weeks now (winter here) and no problem noticed.

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
I'm sure I have some tar & glue remover so I reckon a wipe with this will do. Did you use oem glue?

Me and my friend used car front glass glue, it is also used in local VW dealer to glue spoilers. TEROSON PU 8597 HMLC 310ML, LOCTITE

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
I just got some of those ebay jobbies in grey primer and they fit a treat.

they are just off for paint in Nevada white but they seem really good and look the part.

mine is on a lease so I am not worried about re sale.

got the TRC front spoiler to go on too so will do before and afters. not bad for £100 delivered and then £75 for paint ;-)

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Well I had planned to install skirts today given the forecast was dry as ill be fitting on the drive but alas it's pi55ed down all day! I'll look at doing next weekend time permitting.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.