yellow brown dots at the back of car

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Hi....anyone have this problem. I owned 5 months old white leon and suddenly have yellow brown dots at back door and bumper. Tried insect remover, taar remover with no luck. It is gone with fingernail, but...
Has anybody got this too?
http://s675.photobucket.com/user/Vandekar/media/300120133066_zps41830b36.jpg.html

It's just tar. Very sticky, very nasty tar. Lighter fluid eats straight through it (and it costs a quid from a newsagents - it also just evaporates,) and to a lesser extent WD-40 works too.

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
Why just on the 5th door and what is solution? Tnx in advance...

As said before it is small metal pieces, asphalt etc. that is thrown into the air by the rotation of your cars wheels (and the cars in front of you).

Like the rest of the dirt it gathers on the back on the car due to the vacuum. The only difference is that these objects does not wash of easily, hence the car wash will not remove all of them. You need to remove them like suggested above.

If you want to avoid the problem almost entirely I can recommend a Ditec treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
There are two main contaminants your car will pick up, tar based and iron based. Tar remover will deal with the tar which tends to be black sticky marks on your paintwork. Iron, you cannot see until, like has happened to you, it starts to rust and then becomes very evident, espeically on white paint paint.

With your car being new, it is actually the most common time to see such high levels of iron due to how the car is stored and transported in a very industrial fashion. The other main place you will pick up iron deposits is from a railway line, do you live close to one? If so you are likely to get more going forward, if not it is likely they are just from the transportation.

It is easily dealt with though, something like this - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/auto-finesse-iron-out-cat6.html - will sort it out for you very easily. There is no damage to your paintwork and nobody has done anything wrong. Just be aware if you are going to wax/detail your car at all, you should make sure you carry out a full decontamination, including iron and tar, as part of the process. If you are not, don't worry, just use the iron out product if you get more deposits that annoy you.

isalopek

Aug 25, 2016
i dont live close to reilroad, and this product is not available in my country, so im going to find suitable replacement for it...
firs i shall try with lighter liquid because i can find it anywhere
tnx a lot...

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
lighter fluid is a good alternative to a dedicated tar remover, but it will not dissolve iron. Which is what you need. What country are you in?

isalopek

Aug 25, 2016
I found korrasol and metal melt in my country...its the same, i pressume. Do i have to do polish it afterward or just wash good? Tnx

mick_n3

Jul 23, 2014
Kettering Northants
I found korrasol and metal melt in my country...its the same, i pressume. Do i have to do polish it afterward or just wash good? Tnx

Personally I washed, clay bar then sealed and then waxed. you will need to put some protection back on after.
If you're struggling to find fallout remover AutoBrite do international shipping

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Wash the car and rinse
Apply the fallout remove and leave it too work a few minutes the metal flakes will dissolve if there and turn red or purple
Wash the car or area again
Rinse the car
Consider using a clay bar to remove any thing left
Wash again
Optional polish
Wax to protect

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
No problem good luck with it, will look great again in no time. :). That is excellent stuff.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.