A 20 Year Old's MK2 Cupra

GhulamAfzal11

Feb 14, 2017
Wakefield
Yes you heard it right I am proud to say I own Pre-Facelift MK2 Leon Cupra at 20. You can call me a nutter but life's too short eh?

Owned a LE 1.2 Corsa prior to this, although this is a huge jump I feel in my opinion I am ready for it. I'm not the average typical kinda boy racer who just throw around cars at my age without being able to handle them.

Just to introduce myself my name is Ghulam I am based in West Yorkshire and I bought my Leon ironically on Valentine's Day. It was bought off a friend of mine who cherished the car and he is also a professional valeter/detailer.

I like my cars to look classy and go for subtle modifications nothing too crazy.
The car is completely standard running 240bhp (237 if you're being picky) with no remap etc.

It is currently at 92,500 miles and my main priority is to book it in for a major service. The owner before my friend drove it across Europe and he actually has receipts of work being carried to the car in Germany (even the invoices are printed in German :D).

I have made a list of modifications that I would like to make below:

EXTERIOR:
Dechrome Front Grille and Wrap Black
Black Limo Tinted Windows
HEKO Wind Deflectors (still 50/50 with these may remove if it looks chavvy)
Refurbish Wheels and Paint Anthracite
BTCC Rear Roof Spoiler
BTCC Side Skirts
LED Sidelights (Previous Owner has Fitted Xenon's on headlights)
LED Number Plate Lights
Private Plate
Tint Tailights (nothing chavvy)
May consider headlights from Rob on here
TRC Front Splitter

INTERIOR:
LEDs on Interior Lights
Install a Car Stero with Sat Nav
Black with Red Stitching Mats

HANDLING:
Front & Rear Anti-Rollbar
Eibach Sportline or Proline Springs
Pendulum Mount
Thicker ARBs / Whiteline Anti Lift Kit aka WALK
MK2 Audi TT Lower Support Arms
Lower Mount

I will also be taking the car down to get a full restoration in terms of bodywork, the car is 10 years old so obviously its going to have wear and tear picked up over the years. Plan is to restore the car to prestine condition or the correct term would be "Concours Condition" (I can at least give it a go).

As mentioned above handling is my priority as any idiot can drive in a straight line but being able to drive the car through corners and bendy roads is a completely different ball game. Hence why handling is my main priority and maybe sometime in the future I may consider a stage 1 remap.

Will be uploading pictures as the work is carried out, hoping to get most of the exterior done prior to summer starting so can at least attend meets.

Cheers for the read and hope you enjoy the journey with me :)

13321912_1630914583892577_4275862699903647410_n_zpscj5kbd0v.jpg

Cupra%20at%20Night%20Back_zpsofvkqzer.jpg

Cuprax2_zpsvg5vm7xr.jpg

Cupra%20at%20Night_zpskivgzhnm.jpg

Last edited:

carlosfilippsen

Nov 12, 2016
Nice motor, keep the mods subtle and you're on to a winner.

I wouldn't say you're a nutter owning a cupra at 20. I owned a 330cd at 20 remapped to 280bhp and 550nm torque.

GhulamAfzal11

Feb 14, 2017
Wakefield
Nice car mate. Not sure why you'd be a nutter at 20 owning a cupra lol

Cheers bud! Haha in my area I've had everyone calling me a nutter saying its too powerful for someone of my age. Its quite funny really as there's plenty of jokers around driving reference models with a backbox on the back trying to get my attention but I don't even bother with them :lol:

GhulamAfzal11

Feb 14, 2017
Wakefield
Nice motor, keep the mods subtle and you're on to a winner.

I wouldn't say you're a nutter owning a cupra at 20. I owned a 330cd at 20 remapped to 280bhp and 550nm torque.

Cheers pal! Yes that's the plan just subtle modifications to keep the car looking classy, I'm more concerned about the handling tbh.

A lot of people in my area drive lookalike Cupra's and they've all been calling me crazy but I'm not too bothered.

330s are nice! Friend of mine had a 330ci in Imola Red, the car was an absolute beauty!

carlosfilippsen

Nov 12, 2016
Cheers pal! Yes that's the plan just subtle modifications to keep the car looking classy, I'm more concerned about the handling tbh.

A lot of people in my area drive lookalike Cupra's and they've all been calling me crazy but I'm not too bothered.

330s are nice! Friend of mine had a 330ci in Imola Red, the car was an absolute beauty!

Ideal, look forward to seeing more pictures! :)

Last edited:

GhulamAfzal11

Feb 14, 2017
Wakefield
If it makes you happy. Go for it. Just don't act like a 20 year old in a Cupra haha

Haha I couldn't agree more mate! Aye I keep myself grounded and don't go around driving like an idiot, I'm not out there to impress anyone anyway.

Private plates have been fitted to the car and windows have been tinted will upload pictures soon as car has a cover on it atm :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise