Seat Leon ST Cupra Side Skirts

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
if you can kiddo that would be very helpful. the non OEMs seem to be a similar shape so no reason why the fitting should be no different.

I will get some pics of how mine get fitted to so folks can see and learn.

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
Holy **** those IKEA instructions only x10 harder to understand.

Thank you, would be a nightmare without this.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
To be honest they are easy to fit once you get going. I did the second skirt in about 15 minutes after it took nearly an hour to do the first lol
Nip up the clips so they just have enough pressure on them to stop wiggling around and make sure you have a second pair of hands to help once the glue has been applied to the skirt. I followed the instructions and tested everything first. The most awkward part i found was trying to find the underside hole with the skirt full of glue and keeping it away from the sill. There is already a screw hole in the front wheel arch, remove this and use the slightly bigger screw provided. The screw in the rear is a bit of a pig as the wheel arch material is some sort of furry cardboard. In the end I made a pilot hole for the screw and she slipped straight in. Once all 3 screws in place tighten the clip screws making sure all are seated correctly on the proud sill line. I had the front end on car ramps and this gave enough room underneath the car and didn't bother removing the rear wheel.
If I can do it anyone can do it ;)

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
It's 9 bolts. Marked them up as already drilled to the body, put some holes in the body with drill and then attached with some bolts. You could put some doubled sided tape on there before to really make sure its going nowhere.

Last edited:

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
You undo the two bolts that hold the arch liner in by the side sill. We slid the skirt in behind this, put a hole in the skirt using the same hole and then you put the wheel arch liner over the skirt and use the original screw to hold it all in

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
Ok guys, finally fitted the non OEMS, i have to admit, i was expecting better fit, at least mine are not great. Double side tape wasn't an option, not strong enough. Especially the jacking points covers were very bad fit. And taking that there are is no fitting kit makes it even harder for one person to put them on. I was aware that this may happen but i had to try them. From now on i rather pay more and will buy only OEMS accessories, or accessories from well known manufacturers (rieger, trc, etc) where the exact fit is guaranteed...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
Any pics of the fitment? OEM-s had also double sided tape to hold them firm while the added glue was drying. One person fitment is also quite tricky on OEM units.

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
Any pics of the fitment? OEM-s had also double sided tape to hold them firm while the added glue was drying. One person fitment is also quite tricky on OEM units.
Sorry i dont have any pics from fitting as i lost patience when i tried to put them on and gave it to experienced company few bolts from the bottom, this is where the clips would come handy. Also the jacking point covers have to be either glued or fixed with tappers. I will post pics of the areas where are the shortcomings later on when i clean the car. They are visible from short distance only, so not a big issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
As I said in my thread in reader cars.

- don't try this alone if not oem and u need Defo a spare set of hands to help line up
- u don't get clips like oem so we used some bolts and screws to get the skirts to line up with the sills and bodywork.
- u still need double sided taped and we used plenty of it to hold mine in.

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
As I said in my thread in reader cars.

- don't try this alone if not oem and u need Defo a spare set of hands to help line up
- u don't get clips like oem so we used some bolts and screws to get the skirts to line up with the sills and bodywork.
- u still need double sided taped and we used plenty of it to hold mine in.

I spoke to Seat and they explained that they use two fixings and bond them on when I rang up 4 weeks ago on the side skirts they supply for optional extra on the cupra range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
When I fitted oem skirts I needed extra pair of hands to fit once glue had been applied to ensure skirts were level. Sorry to read your not impressed with the non oem skirts. The bodyshop which painted my skirts advised not to use non oem bodywork due his years experience of poorly fitting products. Hope you get sorted ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.