Cupra 300 General Discussion and Pics

spongeym

Feb 9, 2017
Question re Android Auto, will the navigation be that from Google Maps or Seat's own Nav system?

spongeym

Feb 9, 2017
Google maps.

Sadly, if you have iPhone the nav is from Apple maps :(

Unlucky all you Apple owners!! Looking forward to being able to login to Maps, send the location I want to go to straight to my device and then pick it up on my travels.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Optional alloys now available on the configurator. Look like the 290 Black Edition Alloys no cost option :)

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I don't know if this applies to any one one but any new buyers that are new to the cupra range I've found the following over the weekend.

If you increase the torque to higher and lower the boost setting in the manual ranges you'll get a nicer sounding exhaust moan/ pop grumble like you do on the DSG only louder. And it doesn't negate boost settings compared to other cupras as there higher in the manuals as standard and can be brought even higher through correct gear changing on rev counts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
???

I don't know if this applies to any one one but any new buyers that are new to the cupra range I've found the following over the weekend.

If you increase the torque to higher and lower the boost setting in the manual ranges you'll get a nicer sounding exhaust moan/ pop grumble like you do on the DSG only louder. And it doesn't negate boost settings compared to other cupras as there higher in the manuals as standard and can be brought even higher through correct gear changing on rev counts

???

How would you go about increasing the torque and lowering the boost on an unmodified car? The manual standard car has the same torque output as the DSG, for the given model and the DSG is capable of withstanding greater torque, if you modify the vehicle. I'm a touch bamboozled by what you're on about?

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
???

How would you go about increasing the torque and lowering the boost on an unmodified car? The manual standard car has the same torque output as the DSG, for the given model and the DSG is capable of withstanding greater torque, if you modify the vehicle. I'm a touch bamboozled by what you're on about?

Yes of course it's modifying, I started taking me 290 apart after what 1k after delivery and so do a lot of other people.

I'm saying any one that's a bit dis heartened by the feedback from exhaust to save any one time in taking the middle resonator out of the exhaust and the fanny silencers out the muffles, or completely remove and change the exhaust get low boost setting on the turbo. And I don't agree with the DSG being able to cope with higher tolerances and the manual not, I've heard it being said around and quoted on the tolerances of the stock DSG but my stock clutch coped with 392lbft no issues what so ever.

I don't know how ever if Seat have a seat approved mapper, I did get the option on my Ford Focus mk2 RS from the dealership. Can only ask.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
I see what you mean now

I see what you mean now, however, the DSG is accepted as being able to deal with more torque, that much isn't opinion, it's specification.

Oldboyracer

Mar 28, 2017
Glasgow
Had test drive in 5 door cupra300 with dsg and full spec. Good mix of roads on route I know so had chance to compare with my VXR. Well impressed and I'll look at placing order, albeit unfortunately not to same spec. Probably just be standard manual to keep payments down.
Anyone have suggestions for options worth adding?

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Had test drive in 5 door cupra300 with dsg and full spec. Good mix of roads on route I know so had chance to compare with my VXR. Well impressed and I'll look at placing order, albeit unfortunately not to same spec. Probably just be standard manual to keep payments down.
Anyone have suggestions for options worth adding?

Keyless and Winter Pack. I couldn't see it on web site but i think they are still doing 0% finance if you put 50% deposit down.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Looks like the PP is starting to arrive at dealers in Germany. Nice close ups of the sill skirts and the black blade finish.

Courtesy of the German forum previously mentioned.

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017
Optional alloys now available on the configurator. Look like the 290 Black Edition Alloys no cost option :)

Saw those but think it was just old configurator. Looks like configurator finally updated last few days with new colours and these wheel options have now been removed. Shame as I really liked the look of those.

:(