obd11

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
for ages now I keep hearing people go on about vcds or obd11.
if I'm being honest ive never heard of these and its doing my head in.
is it a machine you plug into your car?,and what does it do.
I might sound stupid but I genuinely haven't got a clue lol!!!
can someone shed any light.

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Software on a computer
You plug the computer to the car
Underneath the steering wheel you have the socket
And can change many settings which are not available from the car settings menu

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
OBDELEVEN works through​ an app on your phone. VCDS uses a laptop as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
Been looking at buying OBDeleven recently. Does anyone know if you can reset the service light with it?

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Been looking at buying OBDeleven recently. Does anyone know if you can reset the service light with it?

If you're asking about on your Mk3 Cupra then yes you can. There is both an "Oil Service Reset" and a "Inspection Service Reset" app. Both of those apps each use up 10 credits when you run them (10 credits = ~£1.25).

Last edited:

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Didnt expect you have to buy credits to do things in there, thought you buy the device and csn do whatever you like

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Long coding is free with pro version but if you use the predefined apps to do the coding for you, then this is chargeable using credit system.

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Didnt expect you have to buy credits to do things in there, thought you buy the device and csn do whatever you like

Manual coding and adaptations are free to use but you need to work out yourself what coding / adaptation values you need to set, or try and find a guide from someone who has already done what you want to do and has documented it.

"One Touch" apps do all the coding for you automatically for certain features but usually require at least 10 credits each time you use the app.

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
Have ordered one myself to do stuff on my new audi, but to elaborate on what others have said, it is a OBD2 Dongle which plugs in under your steering wheel, it connects via Bluetooth to your Android phone where you run an app. You buy the pro version if you want to do long coding (similar to VCDS) or you can stick with the basic version if you want to just use the build in "apps"

"apps" in their definition are basically pre-defined coding changes which do something specific.. ie enabling the chirp when locking your car.
These cost a number of "credits" each. you can get about 5-6 credits per day for free by logging into the app and looking at a few adverts. or you can buy credits.
personally i would just use the coding as they are free if you can find a list of them on the internet.

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
for ages now I keep hearing people go on about vcds or obd11.
if I'm being honest ive never heard of these and its doing my head in.
is it a machine you plug into your car?,and what does it do.
I might sound stupid but I genuinely haven't got a clue lol!!!
can someone shed any light.

I've got VCDS, based in Worcester so quite local to you I think, should you want anything doing.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
This thread has cleared a few things up but what I would also like to know, is the difference between Obd2 and OBD11... I have an obd2 dongle and torque pro app. Used it on my Toyota. Does anyone know if I'm able to use this on my leon to reset oil and service lights /reminders. Or do I have to get the OBD11..... Easy answer is I'll just pop out later and try it..

Last edited:

fastnfat

Dec 4, 2010
Birmingham

If you have the pro version you can get 5 free credits per day. I haven't used mine for quite a while but have "gathered" the free credits and now up to about 650! Not sure what I'll do with them though:p

Deleted member 103408

If you have the pro version you can get 5 free credits per day. I haven't used mine for quite a while but have "gathered" the free credits and now up to about 650! Not sure what I'll do with them though:p

Although its not advertised there is a bug currently where you can get 6 credits a day per device. So if you log in on your phone you get your 6 and then when you log in on your tablet (same account details) you can get another 6 credits.

For those who need more info on how to get the credits check out this site http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/1935/credit-system

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise