Configurator and brochures are live

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Can't believe that the LED lights are optional for all models and that something as basic as rear parking sensors is optional even on the FR.

Interesting too that the top-spec Xcellence has the least powerful engines available, with no DSG boxes.

The brochure layout is annoying because it doesn't allow you to easily compare the differences in equipment between the FR and Xcellence.
In fact it lacks quite a bit of information, unless its possible that things like heated mirrors are not available in an Ibiza at all now, which I find hard to believe.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Nice looking car, however things like DAB should not be an option on lower spec versions, not very future proof.

SE Tech gets Sat/Nav but again no DAB, with the current level of discount a Leon is going to end up cheaper to buy than a new Ibiza??? When you can get a Leon SE Dynamic for £179 down and £179 a month, or just over 13K with things like DAB as standard, Ibiza looks expensive.

Currently have a VX Corsa Energy 1.4 90 and spec wise (DAB, Apple Car Play, heated seats S/W, cruise control, auto lights wipers as standard) and was a 1OK car after a 3K discount... It looks like a bargain - due to change at the end of this year and new Ibiza was on the list... Corsa has been a fault free and hassle free car TBH, just more common than grass on the roads :eek:(

Will have to see what offers are about come change time. As may end up with a Leon SE Dynamic.

Last edited:

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
I agree mate.
Got an email for brand new 1.4 EcoTSI Xcellence Technology 5dr Leon's this week... £15.8k!
Makes these Ibiza's look ridiculously priced unless they are very heavily discounted.

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
I agree mate.
Got an email for brand new 1.4 EcoTSI Xcellence Technology 5dr Leon's this week... £15.8k!
Makes these Ibiza's look ridiculously priced unless they are very heavily discounted.

According to AutoeBid list prices of 2018 Ibizas are commensurate with 2017 models.
Discount on 2018 Ibiza is 18% and 27% on 2017 models.
Discount on Leons is 25%. Your discount beats that and is a reflection of your negotiating skill rather than the list price of the new Ibiza.
PS agree with comments about DAB. Don't think the new car will win any prizes!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2011
New cars always come out with little kit and a long options list. That way they look no more expensive than the older models when in fact they are.

Having said that £210 for the clever adaptive cruise control looks like a bargain - on the current Polo it costs £400!

Can't see any options for heated seats, headlight wash and heated washer jets like I have on mine

Funny how things change, for years if you were happy with red paint it was free, now they want £650 for it!

Same with our Mk3 MX-5 - red was free, on the Mk4 it costs a bomb.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
New cars always come out with little kit and a long options list. That way they look no more expensive than the older models when in fact they are.

Having said that £210 for the clever adaptive cruise control looks like a bargain - on the current Polo it costs £400!

Can't see any options for heated seats, headlight wash and heated washer jets like I have on mine

Funny how things change, for years if you were happy with red paint it was free, now they want £650 for it!

Same with our Mk3 MX-5 - red was free, on the Mk4 it costs a bomb.

The Ibiza like the Leon come with autonomous emergency breaking as standard, so already have the sensor ready for adaptive cruise.

The Leon spec has stayed competitive even though it was a mild facelift and discount is higher. Time will tell on the level of discount on offer. But, unless you really wanted a smaller car you would be better of going for a Leon rather than an Ibiza at this point in time.

Seen a new Ibiza FR 1.0 95 with £800 discount and £1500 deposit allowance advertised for £199 down and £199 a month, that is similar to current Leon offers for SE Dynamic and Fr 1.4 125...

Last edited:

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Evo test here May be summarised as more grown up and refined, but not actually more fun. Odd that cylinder deactivation seems to be omitted from the 1.5 tsi. I wonder if there have been reliability issues with it.

Autogefühl review on YouTube says that there is cylinder deactivation on 1.5 tsi; there seems to be even an indication on the dashboard when it's active.

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
This is in line with the old Ibiza pretty much.

Yep but this doesn't happen with new models. Maybe with a facelift but usually with an all new model you'll get minimal discounts at first. Then over time better discounts will come along until the next new model appears.

Like I said, I hope it's true as you'd be able to get a 1.5 FR with a few extras for just over £14k but my worry would be if this is the starting point then where would it end? In 5 years time you'd be able to get the same car brand new for about £10k. This doesn't sound a plausible starting point and the depreciation would be catastrophic.

I'll wait until they appear on Carwow or Drivethedeal before I take it seriously. I suspect they've just carried over the discount levels from the 2017 Ibiza and applied them onto the 2018 list prices.

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
coast2coast "only" quoting just over £4000 off now on 1.5FR.

However the official Seat site doesn't even list the 1.5 yet - the only listed FRs on the configurator are 1.0s at the moment.

As one trader on the Tottenham Court Road once said to me "We give away stock that we haven't got."!

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Yeah I'm going to wait until the 1.5 is officially released and see what dtd or carwow offer