Installing Fan washers

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
I couldn't make up my mind whether they were genuine or good copies, although they had a VW symbol on them. Just a flat screwdriver to adjust these ones. Both sets (my Leon and wife's Ibiza) fitted no bother and work a treat.

A6B8EC08-CCE3-43F4-8A07-803D4C6A517D_zpsrsygwcti.jpg

80711857-95E1-4A84-BE36-4C81AE4B97B6_zpsq7ptypit.jpg

I adjusted them to the maximum before fitting them. That puts the spray bang in the middle of the screen.

Last edited:

knappers

Mar 10, 2017
Received mine today. Slot screw adjustment also.
30 second install. Very pleased with the result.

Si.

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
The t**t has them at 2.47 still (not happy) but yh they work and fit asif ther was the real deal
Ajusting its really easy to do aswell £2.50 give it ago
From what i saw its the same fit for all seat vw stuff but compaired it to my seat leon 65 plate and all the pointy bits are in the same placers haha

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
Apologies if this is covered off earlier in the thread but don't forget that when fitted the sprayers are upside down, therefore adjusting them to the highest point is actually the lowest they will go when fitted - you need to make them as low as possible to go higher when fitted.

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Anyone had any luck with the heated washers from eurospares?
Part number: 5M0955986

Was quoted £52.80 for the pair from SEAT directly, don't really want to be paying that much.

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Dave at Sere Motors

About £30 if I remember...

Dave has left now unfortunately :(

The quote I got was from Michael at SEAT Worcester and is active on the forums.

Don't mind if the parts aren't genuine SEAT, but would rather not pay an arm and a leg for them.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Dave has left now unfortunately :(

The quote I got was from Michael at SEAT Worcester and is active on the forums.

Don't mind if the parts aren't genuine SEAT, but would rather not pay an arm and a leg for them.

Ah so he has, only just.

In theory you can try any VAG group dealer...

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
I got two heated pairs for about £25 off Ali Express. Pair that I installed works fine. Wouldn't bother with genuine parts for this, it's a washer jet not an ECU.

leeharper1

May 14, 2017
If anybody is still looking I Just got 2 heated ones from GSF for £33 their part number is 955VG0180 or vemo part number v10-08-0319

Lee

Last edited:

Clazzer

Mar 17, 2014
Stoke on Trent
I found two heated ones on eBay for £23 second hand, just been out to fit them and mine aren't heated! I assumed that heated seats were a part of the winter pack so washers would be heated too. If anyone is looking for a set of heated I'm happy to let these go and get some non heated ones. I've fitted them anyway for the time being. Should've checked first, it's literally a 90 second job to change both, it took me longer to put my shoes on.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Been following this thread closely and today on my 1 day old to me, the right hand side jets have blocked up. Well 2 of the 3 squirty things.. So I too have ordered a pair. I chose to order genuine Seat/VAG ones as from past experience, I have had plastic clips and brackets break/snap way too easy... My choice....

Should arrive early next week. Can't wait to get them installed...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.