Configurator and brochures are live

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
All the stuff I've seen suggests 200ps (197bhp) which is (surprise!) what Ford are claiming for the new Fiesta ST. If it follows the typical VAG pattern it will probably be slightly over 200ps in reality.

Last edited:

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
All the stuff I've seen suggests 200ps (197bhp) which is (surprise!) what Ford are claiming for the new Fiesta ST. If it follows the typical VAG pattern it will probably be slightly over 200ps in reality.

Definately 192ps - its on the VW website.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Just been looking at "What's new and coming soon" pages on VW website and it confirms 200ps which is what VW head honcho Herbert Diess said at the model launch (several videos of his presentation on You Tube). All hypothetical anyway for SEAT fans unless they relent on their apparent decision not to offer a Cupra.

Last edited:

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
All I can say is the VW uk is very clear it will be 192ps. See here http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/pol...3268_pkw_vw polo gti uk_pmt_e_pdv_c__&tc=sem-_[Polo]_[GTI]_[None]_[Exact]_[EN]_[Eval]-UK-google--e-vw%20polo%20gti%20uk&kw=vw%20polo%20gti%20uk&gclid=CKnO1YXw-dQCFRc8Gwodj6EOYQ&mkwid=sHspjRdwt_192582453268_vw%20polo%20gti%20uk_e_c&mtid=vdvv2y1xd0&slid=&product_id=#!#overview

I suppose it's just possible it will be different in other markets, but I'd be surprised.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
All I can say is the VW uk is very clear it will be 192ps. See here http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/pol...3268_pkw_vw polo gti uk_pmt_e_pdv_c__&tc=sem-_[Polo]_[GTI]_[None]_[Exact]_[EN]_[Eval]-UK-google--e-vw%20polo%20gti%20uk&kw=vw%20polo%20gti%20uk&gclid=CKnO1YXw-dQCFRc8Gwodj6EOYQ&mkwid=sHspjRdwt_192582453268_vw%20polo%20gti%20uk_e_c&mtid=vdvv2y1xd0&slid=&product_id=#!#overview

I suppose it's just possible it will be different in other markets, but I'd be surprised.

The link above takes you to the existing model which is the 192ps 1.8. Have a look at the "What`s new" page I mentioned.

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Anyone looking at getting keyless entry be aware that seat haven't bothered to move the location of the start stop button - It's passenger side of the gear stick along with the locking buttons :(

grant5745

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow
Anyone looking at getting keyless entry be aware that seat haven't bothered to move the location of the start stop button - It's passenger side of the gear stick along with the locking buttons :(

I hate the fact that the LED for the alarm system on my Leon is on the passenger door. Not changing the position of the stop/start button for RHD is just so cheap and shameful.

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Hi all,

Just signed up to the forum as I have ordered the new Ibiza FR 115PS with everything on it.

Just took the dealers car out for a test drive today. They only just had it delivered.

Three things that frustrate me for spending nearly £20K on the car (FR spec)

1. You cannot order electric rear power windows. However if you go to seat Ireland website on the configurator you can. Option exists for rear power windows, but not for us brits. You can also order red calipers and seat belts too.

2. You cannot order a centre armrest either!!!

3. I've just learned about the Kessy button being on the left of the gear stick. How absolutely shockingly awful is that!!!

Other than that.....The wife loves the car, drives decently and actually a lot of room. I'm 6ft 2.
My 3 year old also gave it his approval.

Just a shame about the issues above.

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
It's unbelievable about the electric windows, I had to have the rear electric ones on mine especially with the kids in the back so you could disable them from the front.

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Just been on the Irish configurator. Have to say I find it odd that they feel the need to produce such a different standard spec and different options. Not all in their favour though, Sat Nav is a 900 euro extra on the FR + 130 euro for mapcare!

Last edited:

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Thanks for that. I've got a sudden urge to catch up with my sister in Southville.

Don't get too excited. Its not got all the toys.

It has pana sunroof, but its only the 95PS one but it does have the 18" rims.

No Climate Control, or kessy, or anything cool like that.

You couldn't rag it either as the trade plates were hanging off the back as its not registered yet, and the trade plades flap about scuffing the paint!!

He did let me put my ISOFIX child seat in it though to take my 3 year old with me. He loved the sunroof!!

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Don't get too excited. Its not got all the toys.

It has pana sunroof, but its only the 95PS one but it does have the 18" rims.

If the new Ibiza is like the old one I'd avoid the bigger wheels - the 40 profile tyres spoil the ride a bit and are noiser for no advantage.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.