Any mk3s lowered?

Abilio1989

Nov 24, 2016
I think FR is 15mm lower and Cupra 25mm.
94644950ff37cbe5538e7058e5219ed9.jpg

Mine's on prokits dont have a photo from the side but this is the most recent, this is lowered + spacers on 18s
Wouldnt lower without spacers, wheels look so hidden inside

When you install the springs dont appears error in infotainment?

Bpositive

Oct 5, 2016
Www.bpositive.dk
I want my Fr 1.8 5 Door lowered as well, as it sits a bit too high on it's 18".

Going for Eibach Pro, just ordered on Amazon.de for 125 euro including delivery - Quite a good price.

Uhh, looking forward to next week :)

Last edited:

Bpositive

Oct 5, 2016
Www.bpositive.dk
So last week I had the Eibach pro-kit installed. - It drives really good and sporty now :) - Highly recommended.

However, it has lowered the car ca. 25mm in the front and only 3-5mm in the back - which is much less than the anticipated drop.
It's a FR which should be 15mm lower than standard, so the expected drop would be around 20mm front and 15mm back.

Can I expect it to drop further down as times goes or could there be a problem with either the springs or the installation?

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I'd double check the part numbers and cross ref these to eibach catalogue. I had the same issue albeit on a different car and installer was adamant the springs were correct. As the springs were new I was able to read part number off the spring and cross ref to catalogue proving they were indeed incorrect. New ones especially fitted and all was good. It's a long shot but may be worth checking piece of mind.

Last edited:

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
So last week I had the Eibach pro-kit installed. - It drives really good and sporty now :) - Highly recommended.

However, it has lowered the car ca. 25mm in the front and only 3-5mm in the back - which is much less than the anticipated drop.
It's a FR which should be 15mm lower than standard, so the expected drop would be around 20mm front and 15mm back.

Can I expect it to drop further down as times goes or could there be a problem with either the springs or the installation?
They will lower a bit more when they settle down, mine did at least
Wasnt happy at first but then they dropped more. Get 5ppl on board and go for a spin around :D

Bpositive

Oct 5, 2016
Www.bpositive.dk
They will lower a bit more when they settle down, mine did at least
Wasnt happy at first but then they dropped more. Get 5ppl on board and go for a spin around :D

Yeah and fill the boot with lots of concrete tiles... I'm guessing they will drop some more, but still surprised they only went roughly 4mm down to begin with!

Bpositive

Oct 5, 2016
Www.bpositive.dk
I'd double check the part numbers and cross ref these to eibach catalogue. I had the same issue albeit on a different car and installer was adamant the springs were correct. As the springs were new I was able to read part number off the spring and cross ref to catalogue proving they were indeed incorrect. New ones especially fitted and all was good. It's a long shot but may be worth checking piece of mind.

Thanks Kiddo for the advice, but I guess it will be quite difficult to read those numbers when the springs are on the car!

BTW: my back springs made these "dooiiinggg"/springy sounds when going over bumps in the beginning - is that normal?

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
My springs were also on the car but could read the part # through the alloy wheels or by jacking up on axle stand and poking my head underneath armed with a torch.

Aug 5, 2020
Hi Guys, bit of a thread revival here.

I have a 2015 Leon FR 2.0 TDI 184 with DSG box.

I purchased a set of the E10-15-021-01-22, but the front is much much lower than I expected. should I have went with the E10-15-021-02-22? or would that not have made any difference?

There's not a lot of difference at the rear but the front is a lot lower than expected.

Thanks

Pictures are after springs fitted

Attachments

• IMG_20210318_224036.jpg
    IMG_20210318_224036.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20210318_224022.jpg
    IMG_20210318_224022.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 143