obd11

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Oh wait, my bad, this is for the pro version..

I'll just buy credits as I need them. I'm not a heavy user. Primarily bought it for resetting the service reminders...

Last edited:

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
This thread has cleared a few things up but what I would also like to know, is the difference between Obd2 and OBD11... I have an obd2 dongle and torque pro app. Used it on my Toyota. Does anyone know if I'm able to use this on my leon to reset oil and service lights /reminders. Or do I have to get the OBD11..... Easy answer is I'll just pop out later and try it..

OBDeleven is the name of the software and dongle for modifying VAG group cars.

OBD2 is the name of the diagnostics port underneath the steering wheel.

Using a standard OBD2 bluetooth dongle with the app will not work, you need to buy the dongle from OBDeleven (about £60)

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
No need to waste money on credits
All you need to do is get the 5 free credits then move the date on your phone on 1 day to get 5 more credits and then just keep going until you get bored......

I am still waiting for my device over 4 weeks after ordering, they confused my address and it was un-deliverable by Royal Mail, they refused to send another until they had received the initial one back which took over 2 weeks, I reckon I might get mine in about 1 more week.

Needless to say i'm not too impressed with their customer service.

Last edited:

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Thanks for the info... I'm waiting for DHL to deliver... Will try the date thing now...

EDIT: Yes it did work, but my, credit went up by 1...not 5.... Same amount as if I watch the adverts for games.... Lol

100 credits (10 changes to the car) will probably last me 5 years anyhow. So I'm not too fussed...

Thanks anyway....

Last edited:

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Thanks for the info... I'm waiting for DHL to deliver... Will try the date thing now...

EDIT: Yes it did work, but my, credit went up by 1...not 5.... Same amount as if I watch the adverts for games.... Lol

Thanks anyway....

You get 1 credit for opening the app every day.

You can get 5 more free credits by heading to Profile > Get Credits > Get free credit

You don't need to watch an advert, back out as soon as it opens and you will receive the credit. Repeat 5 times = 6 free credits every day.

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017

You can get 5 more free credits by heading to Profile > Get Credits > Get free credit

You don't need to watch an advert, back out as soon as it opens and you will receive the credit. Repeat 5 times = 6 free credits every day.
Yep that's what I said, move date forward on phone and repeat until bored.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes

Sorry tried that and still only increasing by 1.....

EDIT : locked out now for today. Thanks again for the info...

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Sorry tried that and still only increasing by 1.....

EDIT : locked out now for today. Thanks again for the info...

As a Pro user when you log into the app for the day you get one extra credit,
Then at the bottom of the screen a green line comes up saying BONUS CREDIT ADDED and then on the right hand side it says GET MORE.

If you hit the GET MORE you are taken to advert (which as soon as its loaded you go back) to get one more credit. Then you go to your Profile and get the remaining 4 adverts so that you get 6 in total. Again as a pro account I am able to do this on both phone and other devices not that i use the credits anymore.

Re changing data again as a Pro account if you move the system date to the next day you can again get more credits but if I recall correctly when you get to that date in the real world you dont get any more credits but it has been a while.

Not sure about a non pro account as I did not know you could use credits but it appear now you can.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
No I'm not a pro user..... I don't need to do all that coding so I'm gonna use the apps for now....
I'm sorry if I didn't make it clearer earlier... My bad

Ok I understand now. Yes I get multiple adverts giving me 1 credit each..... I thought I was getting 5 credits for every advert... Again my bad.

I have got my free credits then.. I will try my tablet when I get home and see if I can do the same there.... Thanks again.

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

No I'm not a pro user..... I don't need to do all that coding so I'm gonna use the apps for now....
I'm sorry if I didn't make it clearer earlier... My bad

Ok I understand now. Yes I get multiple adverts giving me 1 credit each..... I thought I was getting 5 credits for every advert... Again my bad.

I have got my free credits then.. I will try my tablet when I get home and see if I can do the same there.... Thanks again.

Yes that's it and we are all learning here as i did not know the non pro account could do anything other than run the checks and clear error codes.

Last point there is lots of stuff on the web about obd11 but some helpful guides here

Last edited by a moderator:

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
I just received my obd11.. Went straight out to play.. First I did a scan and it picked up 4 faults.. I just reset them.... Probably should have made a note of what these faults were

After that I played with the built in app and did these :

de07005ffb752740eb86743a2c79e6ee.jpg
ac8da11a79ea258b8cae2e50898efa0d.jpg
156defcb01d70f61004c1b2df818bf5d.jpg
67c06cd8e7b599f291c1de4969283203.jpg
7513bb8e662399bb1adbe14acd17df67.jpg
6ab39bc3d4485644f74e421196279e76.jpg

All works great... May do the needle sweep still....

All in all worth the money. And a great tool to have...

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Also, anyone who has been using the OBD11 for sometime, have you noticed the amount of apps getting larger. Or is that it for the apps.

Do I now need to use the pro version and long-coding to get more toys working? Or can I just sit and wait for more apps to appear.

Thanks in advance.

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
My device has just finally arrived, 5 weeks after ordering. Can't wait to get home from work today and make some changes.

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
5 weeks. Which way round the world did it go... Lol

Have fun making your changes..
They sent it first time and Royal mail returned it as undeliverable, they then refused to send another till they received the first back. When I enquired they blamed me for putting an incorrect delivery address on the order. It turned out that they didn't put my company name on the envelope, even though it was correctly entered by me.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
They sent it first time and Royal mail returned it as undeliverable, they then refused to send another till they received the first back. When I enquired they blamed me for putting an incorrect delivery address on the order. It turned out that they didn't put my company name on the envelope, even though it was correctly entered by me.

Muppets.... Well I'm sure it'll be worth the wait....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.