Super Sports - good offer

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
I've just placed an order for four Michelin SS 235/35r19 91Y, fitted for £679.44. A bargain compared to just about everywhere else. Not that they're cheap, but they're certainly not in the about 200 quid a corner plus fitting bracket under this offer (Kwik fit online). You get some free crap too, like a golf umbrella, a multitool & some other stuff you'll end up dumping in the shed.

Just thought I'd give a heads up. This one's not to be missed, as tyres are traded in Euro and with the Pound dropping, and due to drop below the Euro, they're not going to be any cheaper in the future. I'm actually switching about a month before I really need to, but waiting would be false economy.

Looking forward to all I've heard about the things. :)

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
As it's Kwik Fit, I'd make sure to get them to agree the condition of your wheels before and after they fit the new tyres. From what I've read on various forums, they're not renowned for being particularly careful with customer's wheels and there's been quite a few instances of their tyre fitters / equipment damaging wheels that have then required a refurb; not cheap if your wheels are diamond cut.

Last edited:

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
I've just placed an order for four Michelin SS 235/35r19 91Y, fitted for £679.44. A bargain compared to just about everywhere else. Not that they're cheap, but they're certainly not in the about 200 quid a corner plus fitting bracket under this offer (Kwik fit online). You get some free crap too, like a golf umbrella, a multitool & some other stuff you'll end up dumping in the shed.

Just thought I'd give a heads up. This one's not to be missed, as tyres are traded in Euro and with the Pound dropping, and due to drop below the Euro, they're not going to be any cheaper in the future. I'm actually switching about a month before I really need to, but waiting would be false economy.

Looking forward to all I've heard about the things. :)

Good price. Black Circles can only manage £779.76 fully fitted (just checked).

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Photos

As it's Kwik Fit, I'd make sure to get them to agree the condition of your wheels before and after they fit the new tyres. From what I've read on various forums, they're not renowned for being particularly careful with customer's wheels and there's been quite a few instances of their tyre fitters / equipment damaging wheels that have then required a refurb; not cheap if your wheels are diamond cut.

I'll photo the wheels beforehand and let them know I have, and photo them immediately after fitting. All tyre places seemingly aren't the best. I'll be checking the nuts are all tightened properly too. I've had an incident in a previous car where the nuts weren't tightened properly. They offered me a free tyre next time, like I'd go back to the place again. I'm aware Kwik Fit don't have the best reputation, but this is cheap for Super Sports, so I'll try to limit the risks. I'll be watching them work as best possible.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
ben patey on facebook. he can do a set of 4 for £500 delivered.

my local garage charges £10 cash per corner to fit. proper bargain

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
If I could accurately predict currency movements I'd be more interested in the bargain yacht corner.

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
If I could accurately predict currency movements I'd be more interested in the bargain yacht corner.

Well quite! That was my point as I was surprised such a certainty that the pound is going to drop below parity for the first time in the history of the Euro in a car forum!

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Nice price

ben patey on facebook. he can do a set of 4 for £500 delivered.

my local garage charges £10 cash per corner to fit. proper bargain

Unfortunately living in NI the price fitted is usually 850 plus, I've been watching them to see when I could get them for a more reasonable price/weighing up the amount of tread left. We're a captive market.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Not really interested in a Brexit ****ing the pound debate

Well quite! That was my point as I was surprised such a certainty that the pound is going to drop below parity for the first time in the history of the Euro in a car forum!

Not really interested in a Brexit ****ing the pound debate. Seems more likely than not that since it's ear parity now, and the big hits haven't been delivered by Brussels yet, it is likely to drop further. I my be wrong, I doubt it though, as some wealthy people are hoping for a weakened pound.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Fitted, trouble free. Not really had a chance to put them through their paces. Will do so at the weekend.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Good price

Got mine from Ben Patey too. Only ordered two so was £140 a tyre. Fitted - £155 each. 235/35R19 supersports.

Good price, although the shipping to NI, if he sells to NI, would be the guts of the difference.

Unfortunately in NI we pay through the nose for things, just because companies can get away with it. i.e. we pay the highest UK car insurance premiums, but make the least number of claims per capita in the UK. Gas & electric are ridiculous, which I only noticed when I moved back here after a spell living in Oxford. Petrol used to be much more expensive, it's about the same now & sometimes cheaper. The only thing 'cheap' are the property prices, and they're comparable to parts of the North of England. Mode wage 16k, third highest number of millionaires per capita in the UK in Belfast, after London & Aberdeen.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
All these Mainland price are making me jealous.

i got them for circa £600 last year from Costco

All these Mainland price are making me jealous. As per the saying, if you can't afford the tyres, you can't afford to own a Cupra. Kind of convincing myself that makes it all grand lol

DanTheManc

Sep 10, 2016
Manchester
Use discount code 1401234567 on the asda tyres website for 10% off. You can get 4 x Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for the Cupra for £650 fitted and balanced.

I don't have enough posts to add a link

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
First impressions

Well, off the line traction issues are sorted, wet weather grip seemingly is delivered by what I'm assuming is some sort of witchcraft and there's a distinct improvement in ride quality over broken surfaces (non-main roads in Belfast are pure sh1te pothole wise).

A typical Irish summer is dry, cloud free & sunny one minute, and deluge the next, hence the ability to report back on various conditions.

Xabu-ST280

Nov 1, 2015
Got the same deal from Kwik Fit last week and got all 4 fitted for £679. The tires they replaced on the front also PSS which lasted 15K. The original Bridgestones lasted 8K on front and 23K on the back. Really wanted to try the PS4S but the kwik fit center couldn't get them, They would have done the 4S for £730 if they could get stock. Instead they got me to order the tyres online for a future fitting date to avoid the express charge of £30 and then altered the date on there system so they could fit them straight away. All done in a lunch hour.

Xabu-ST280

Nov 1, 2015
The free Michelin crap arrived yesterday. Speaker, Multitool, cool bag and umbrella are actually pretty good quality. Takes the edge of having to fork out for tyres a little.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise