What colour?

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Hi guy's, just wondered what people were looking at going with colour wise? Myself I think the free Mediterranean blue suits the Ateca really well, either that or rhodium grey. Can't wait to see them in the flesh though.

Tell

Staff member
The rhodium grey is an existing Seat colour it's got a hint of green and blue in it, quite dark. I'm a bit stuck for colours since I want a silver with a hint of bronze which Seat use to do and that's what's on my Altea, it's a chameleon colour that changes shades in the light, basically it's the VW tungsten silver as far as I can tell. The existing silver I find too light. Might end up with rhodium grey or that silver. It's got to be metallic for me for wear and tear since I keep them for their life time, non metallic loose the surface.

Given enforced black leather on the Xcellence there is an argument for a light paint colour to keep the heat down when you first get in during the summer months. May settle for the silver that isn't really my ideal based on memories of cooking in my old Citroën Magenta car that use to be very hot when I deemed never to have a dark colour again. That rules the rhodium grey out if I keep to my rule.

The jungle green and mato brown are lifted from Skoda paints so head down to a Skoda dealer to get a flavour of these, you won't find these on an existing Seat or Samoa orange. Don't think you will find that on anything else.

Edit. I bought one. Opted for rhodium grey. I hope I'm going to be happy with the colour. Keep seeing Audi in what I think is the same colour that looks fine. I think the daylight running lights with it will look fine.

Last edited:

Mark GF Smith

Aug 25, 2014
Derby
I've just ordered a Lava Blue 1.4 Xcellence. I was struggling to pic a colour to be honest.

Last edited:

Alien51

Aug 4, 2016
I've just ordered a Lava Blue 1.4 Xcellence. I was struggling to pic a colour to be honest.

The Ateca colours aren't the best are they, wen't with Black Magic to begin with as we love our black Leon Fr and black hides the plastic Ateca bumpers better, but then decided it was time for a change, so we changed the order to Rodium Grey. Would have loved Samoa orange but couldn't be bothered with the extra wait time.

Tell

Staff member
I like Rodium Grey. I was trying to go for the old silver I had in my Altea which was bronzey but that was discontinued three years ago for both Skoda and Seat. Didn't want to go for the bright silver sort of a retro colour in the UK but I'm sure it's nice for those who have it, although back in July when I ordered the car I had only seen it in Rodium Grey and White. Looks nice and Audi-sh in Rhodium Grey although not exactly the same colour as those.

seattutkunu

May 15, 2017
Is it white for you? Orange? I think orange ;)

2017-yeni-seat-ateca-incelemesi-teknik-ozellikleri-ve-fiyatlari-seat-ateca-nin-dis-tasarimi-oldukca-sportif.png

2017-yeni-seat-ateca-incelemesi-teknik-ozellikleri-ve-fiyatlari-seat-ateca-yan-gorunumu.png

Mark GF Smith

Aug 25, 2014
Derby
The Ateca colours aren't the best are they, wen't with Black Magic to begin with as we love our black Leon Fr and black hides the plastic Ateca bumpers better, but then decided it was time for a change, so we changed the order to Rodium Grey. Would have loved Samoa orange but couldn't be bothered with the extra wait time.

Rodium Grey was my second choice but I decided against because I've had too many Grey cars. I have a Black Leon FR as well so I wanted a change. Never had Blue so thats why I chose it in the end. Didn't want white as it's too common.

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
I am almost about to order an Ateca FR and I really like the red color as in the promotional materials but also on a very tight budget. Seems in some countries (Germany for instance) the Lava Blue is the default free color for the FR-s (compared to Mediterranean Blue for other modifications). I will ask my dealers tomorrow if that applies to Bulgaria too and if true, it's a good way to cut €550 they ask for the red one. What do you guys think of Lava Blue, any pics already? Mark, have you received yours?

P.S. Found a long and very detailed video of a Lava Blue Ateca from my favorite reviewers Autogefühl, strange how I missed it. I still think I would prefer the Red one but this color is also very classy and if it's free for the FR I'll go for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSJ7y6L5sBs

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I am almost about to order an Ateca FR and I really like the red color as in the promotional materials but also on a very tight budget. Seems in some countries (Germany for instance) the Lava Blue is the default free color for the FR-s (compared to Mediterranean Blue for other modifications). I will ask my dealers tomorrow if that applies to Bulgaria too and if true, it's a good way to cut €550 they ask for the red one. What do you guys think of Lava Blue, any pics already? Mark, have you received yours?

P.S. Found a long and very detailed video of a Lava Blue Ateca from my favorite reviewers Autogefühl, strange how I missed it. I still think I would prefer the Red one but this color is also very classy and if it's free for the FR I'll go for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSJ7y6L5sBs

Selection of lava blue on this link (not all lava blue)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=l...R__rVAhUoCMAKHeyABHcQ_AUICSgB&biw=768&bih=892

You can try my trick of getting the paint code off the configurator and checking this against Skoda's and see whether your local dealer has any in that to imagine. Seat also have those little model paint tester cars you can take outside into daylight. It looks fine to me.).

I think the red is a new red I haven't seen. The UK configurator doesn't show the red for the FR so I'm wondering whether it isn't here, just Samoa Orange, Lava Blue, Rodium Grey, Black Magic and Nevada White. The lava blue colour the configurator doesn't resolve too well. You hit the PDF button to get the paint code, 0F0F is the code. It's called both Lava Blue in Skoda form and Petrol Blue Metallic.

I see in Ireland you can get the FR in Velvet Red, this is the new Ateca red that hasn't been available till now. That paint colour is K1K1. That colour is suppose to be on Skoda Superb and Kodiaq commencing week 22/2017. It's a metallic and they also call it Velvet Red. The launch Ateca's didn't have metallic red, just solid red (passion red). So yes, the Brits aren't getting this colour on the FRs. You might find this colour in a Skoda dealer to review. Handy that Seat and Skoda use the same paints but different names sometimes. Handy to get touch up paint as well if your Skoda dealer is closure :).

Last edited:

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
I knew it I should have discussed the color with the missus rather than asking people on the Internet :D Showed her different colors of the Ateca and she said I MUST order the red color! She offered to pay the color herself if that's what's stopping me and anything but red is totally unacceptable! :D

P.S. Just spoke with the dealers. Indeed, it is the Velvet Red for the Ateca, code is K1K1

Last edited:

Mark GF Smith

Aug 25, 2014
Derby
Selection of lava blue on this link (not all lava blue)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=l...R__rVAhUoCMAKHeyABHcQ_AUICSgB&biw=768&bih=892

You can try my trick of getting the paint code off the configurator and checking this against Skoda's and see whether your local dealer has any in that to imagine. Seat also have those little model paint tester cars you can take outside into daylight. It looks fine to me.).

I think the red is a new red I haven't seen. The UK configurator doesn't show the red for the FR so I'm wondering whether it isn't here, just Samoa Orange, Lava Blue, Rodium Grey, Black Magic and Nevada White. The lava blue colour the configurator doesn't resolve too well. You hit the PDF button to get the paint code, 0F0F is the code. It's called both Lava Blue in Skoda form and Petrol Blue Metallic.

I see in Ireland you can get the FR in Velvet Red, this is the new Ateca red that hasn't been available till now. That paint colour is K1K1. That colour is suppose to be on Skoda Superb and Kodiaq commencing week 22/2017. It's a metallic and they also call it Velvet Red. The launch Ateca's didn't have metallic red, just solid red (passion red). So yes, the Brits aren't getting this colour on the FRs. You might find this colour in a Skoda dealer to review. Handy that Seat and Skoda use the same paints but different names sometimes. Handy to get touch up paint as well if your Skoda dealer is closure :).

My Car is Ready (2 weeks ago) but I'm waiting for the new reg plates on Sept 1st. I've been to look at it and I'm pleased with the colour. I've taken a couple of photos in the sun but to be honest the camera doesn't do it justice. It seems to struggle with picking out the colour change from where the sunlight hits it. Getting exited now.. 3 days untill I pick it up [B)]

wsvg9YUVXPxMEXqV6

Last edited:

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
I've taken a couple of photos in the sun but to be honest the camera doesn't do it justice. It seems to struggle with picking out the colour change from where the sunlight hits it. Getting exited now.. 3 days untill I pick it up [B)]

wsvg9YUVXPxMEXqV6

The pictures didn't seem to appear here on the forum but I was able to copy and paste the address in another browser's tab to see your Lava Blue Ateca. Very nice one! Considering it's the free color for the FR it's a great deal but I've gone with the Velvet Red which is really nice but I am afraid kind of extrovert in-your-face color. Not that I am complaining about that but already approaching the forties myself, so won't hurt to tone down a bit ;)

Tell

Staff member
Its quite blue Mark, inline with other picture I've seen of Lava Blue. One of those colours the configurator is out on.

Test my skills of putting your link up:

https://goo.gl/photos/wsvg9YUVXPxMEXqV6

Since its an https it goes through with an url and not img.

Hope all goes well with your pick up.

I see solid red has gone completely off the Ateca in the UK and the new metallic red hasn't made it in the new line up. I guess they think that the new metallic red will be in more short supply than the Samoa Orange so haven't bothered with it or something like that.

Mark GF Smith

Aug 25, 2014
Derby
Photo's don't do it justice. The Sun really makes the car look a lot lighter. I like the way the colour changes depending upon the angle of the panel. Anyway here are some photos. Hopefully the link will work now I've got rid of photobucket.

TtFetCD.jpg

b2VKSTX.jpg

D3IrD19.jpg

hN0vWjw.jpg

93ieMIV.jpg

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Mark, very nice, I picked them up off the email. I like myself how the metallic paint plays games with the car's colour. If you examine closely you can see the particles. My rhodium grey turns green when covered in condensation, bright day it's blue, towards green on an overcast day.

I see your posted pictures fell foul of Photobucket extortion racket for money. I moved over to Imgur photo website when it blocked all my posted photos for being visited too much..

There is no truth in the rumour that the Ateca gives you a hard ride. No different from a usual Seat ride. I'm on 19" - slow down for ramps thou. I see the other Ateca English board, "the misery board", is having more misery than normal ;).

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
What's with this other forum? I've seen more activity there compared to here and thought I should probably move there as well... ;) Owners split ways? Arguments? Scandals? :D Will I be banned if I mention one forum in the other? :)

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
It has its trolls over there and inforcers that everything is good about the Ateca. The inforcers seem to have disappeared to an extent but some trolls remain.

They didn't like it when I pointed out the two deficiencies of the Ateca. The way it's finished off with lots of plastic inside towards the back. The other one is lack of front passenger legroom. As it turns out the quality of plastic has gone down these days so it's probably inline with others, better than Nissan. The legroom, depends what car you had before. If you are coming from a medium MPV like the Altea or bigger the passenger legroom at the front is terrible. For people who previously had Leons it's marginally worse but this is RHD form, so not sure in LHD how it works out. Your left foot has to be brought backwards, you can't get it out. I look at the partner and ask, where have you got your feet, normally, left back, right front forwards. They are one of these double jointed people who can double cross their legs in that position, I can't.

You can't open glovebox without it on your knees. That side of it is a joke but a joke that the VAG group slipped into their three car SUV. Clearly for Leon owners the Ateca is a natural fit to an SUV, if use to something bigger what you need hasn't been launched in the Seat line up yet. The Seat larger SUV will be the equivalent of the Kodiaq which has loads of front passenger legroom. Twas all too much for the trolls when I told them that. I only tried out LHD demo vehicles before I ordered it in the pre launch period and never checked the front passenger legroom, just the driving position.

The web designer of that board nicked my pictures from here which were the first pictures of the Ateca in the UK, May 2016 at Silverstone. So I registered there. The amusing thing is that my posts of factual information frequently get drawn up which must annoy the trolls. The Ateca reinforcers who can't stand anything being said bad about the Ateca are getting out numbered now:). Saying that they ran a number of campaigns on people and drove them off the boards. The owner of the said board does nothing about the trolls since he wants advertising clicks. I'm happy to post up factual information here to undermining his advertising clicks and the trolls. Basically the Ateca contains the same VAG components but is late to market. Many of the issues that people are having on front assist were reported from 2013 on the Golf 7. The alignment issues on the front windscreen camera and VAGs equipment for four wheel alignment have been discussed elsewhere with some solutions. The latter they haven't got onto yet :). You strong arm your tyre workshop to put the front wheels on dead centre before they do the rear allignment although I haven't attempted to ask for that yet, that way you aren't suppose to need VAG wheel alignment equipment. Some workshops may refuse to touch the Ateca on four wheel alignment.

Seatcupra board has always been about projects, maintenance issues, not a car fanzine board as the other is or was. I personally don't have a problem with the car except it's a step backwards for me as a passenger when not driving it. Thus it makes drives across the continent uncomfortable when you are not driving, least if 6'1" and not prepared to drop the seats on the basis it triggers backache. I was told I must drop the seats to get comfortable - dah. As a tall driver and with the panoramic roof it's perfectly fine. 6'5" drivers with the sun roof find it fine. That's why I'll be getting the bigger one if it's like the Ateca but has the same front passenger legroom as the Kodiaq. Will be nice to get back what I lost in comfort, this one will go to the partner for use on shorter runs. Will specify it the same but add DCC. I love the electronics in the car.

Last edited: