MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

shapalando

Sep 2, 2017
I ordered 1st September and was told January, better not get my hopes up I guess.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
I wonder how the different dealers give out the info as none of it seems to be confirmed by SEAT

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
Just got a provisional build week 7 from dealer

Build date week 11 from week7. Long wait if no improvement.
Build date week then 9 today 18/10 build week 3, so 6 weeks improvement.
Very few changes from week 45, Eclipse Orange added + illuminated front door kick plates

Last edited:

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Same week as mine. Maybe that is the default and then it changes. I will be happy to just have a consistent date so i can plan a bit better

That’s my issue also. Need a firm date so I can deal with my current car. Has anyone been told the typical delivery time after the build date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
That’s my issue also. Need a firm date so I can deal with my current car. Has anyone been told the typical delivery time after the build date?

Someone on PH mentioned about 4 weeks from build date

QTom

Sep 22, 2017
Hi all, new here, hopefully it's OK to ask this here:

Been considering doing a lease on a new Cupra 300 Manual 5DR. Been talking to dealers etc and found some good deals. Test drove the car (an older one but still) and loved it. I'm 22 and currently driving my old 2006 1.2 Clio (my first car, had for about 3 years now) so the Cupra would be a huge upgrade :)

Just wondering what colour most you guys have gone for? Monsoon grey would be my first choice but I'm not sure if it's really worth the extra £550, has anyone actually seen a Cupra (or other SEAT) in Mediterranean blue, and if so how does it look? It looks nice enough in the pictures that I think I'd be happy with it, but it's hard to tell just from pictures and I don't want to be stuck with a car in a colour I don't like.

Also wondering if anyone has any advice on leasing? I've never done it before so is there anything I should know?

I'm looking at doing a 6+23 contract, including GAP insurance, service, and maintenance (which covers tyres also). Best deal I've found is around £270/mo which is pretty good I think. Any common pitfalls?

Any info is appreciated ;)

Last edited:

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks

Been considering doing a lease on a new Cupra 300 Manual 5DR. Been talking to dealers etc and found some good deals. Test drove the car (an older one but still) and loved it. I'm 22 and currently driving my old 2006 1.2 Clio (my first car, had for about 3 years now) so the Cupra would be a huge upgrade :)

Just wondering what colour most you guys have gone for? Monsoon grey would be my first choice but I'm not sure if it's really worth the extra £550, has anyone actually seen a Cupra (or other SEAT) in Mediterranean blue, and if so how does it look? It looks nice enough in the pictures that I think I'd be happy with it, but it's hard to tell just from pictures and I don't want to be stuck with a car in a colour I don't like.

Also wondering if anyone has any advice on leasing? I've never done it before so is there anything I should know?

I'm looking at doing a 6+23 contract, including GAP insurance, service, and maintenance (which covers tyres also). Best deal I've found is around £270/mo which is pretty good I think. Any common pitfalls?

Seems like a good deal to me. My deal is slightly more but on a DSG 3 door. I have gone for Mystery Blue however how I am contemplating changing to Desire Red after seeing it in the flesh on a Cupra.

QTom

Sep 22, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted before or how accurate it is but:

*link*

I am reading that as a standard 14 week lead time + 12 weeks for the Cupra :blink:.

That does say august 2016 on the document title though.

I've been looking at Cupra's recently and I've mostly been quoted 20-24 week lead time :cry:

huw

Feb 13, 2017
SW London

Have you checked whether you can get insurance?
I'm 63 and had been insuring my Mazda RX8 with Adrian Flux for 12 years with 17 years protected NCB. When it came to swapping to the Cupra 300 they declined to quote. I moved to Direct Line who require at least 2 years NCB before they will even consider insuring one.

QTom

Sep 22, 2017
Have you checked whether you can get insurance?
I'm 63 and had been insuring my Mazda RX8 with Adrian Flux for 12 years with 17 years protected NCB. When it came to swapping to the Cupra 300 they declined to quote. I moved to Direct Line who require at least 2 years NCB before they will even consider insuring one.

Yeah I have, and it's actually not too bad, insurance on my current car is around £450 and on the Cupra I've been quoted around £1000. Still a lot but considering my age it could be a lot worse (I know people who pay £1500 to be insured on a 1.2 Corsa :blink: )

huw

Feb 13, 2017
SW London
Yeah I have, and it's actually not too bad, insurance on my current car is around £450 and on the Cupra I've been quoted around £1000. Still a lot but considering my age it could be a lot worse (I know people who pay £1500 to be insured on a 1.2 Corsa :blink: )

You are lucky! Perhaps it's just down to the fact that I live in London

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks

That is good. I am 31 and paying £400 currently on an 04 Cupra TDI. My current insurer want £1300 (Hastings Direct) to change to a 300. I’ve found quotes for around £550 elsewhere though.

shapalando

Sep 2, 2017
So I ordered my cupra 1st September and today thought I'd contact img seat for build date etc. Is this to early do you think as they told me to come back to them end of October? When ordered it was for January delivery.

_chris_

Jul 6, 2008
in the car
So I ordered my cupra 1st September and today thought I'd contact img seat for build date etc. Is this to early do you think as they told me to come back to them end of October? When ordered it was for January delivery.

I ordered mine end of July. SEAT uk rang me yesterday. Still showing as a Feb 18 build week.
Think they just build one when they fancy it.

bega

Oct 13, 2016
I am wondering how did I got mine 2 months from order to my dealer.And 5-7 days paper work,car was on road.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
I am wondering how did I got mine 2 months from order to my dealer.And 5-7 days paper work,car was on road.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

When did you order though? I think they have been offering good lease deals over the last month or 2 which has ramped up the orders.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.