FR 1.8t - 205/40/17 84w tyre pressure?

OvEr_KiLL

Apr 6, 2014
North West
what tyre pressure should i be running on 205/40/17 84w on my FR 1.8t 2005 please.
i need to check them tomorrow
thanx

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
I run 34/33psi front rear, or 34psi all round as I like quite a 'firm' tyre feel, but I think it's meant to be a little lower on the rear, like 31/32psi. It will vary a little depending on the tyre etc.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
thanx man, the original tyres are 16 inch though and these are 17s
why would the front be more than the back?

Wheel size makes very little difference in small increments, it's mainly done off weight. 1" will use practically the same settings. Hence the front needs higher pressure, as that is where there is most weight (the engine). I tend to run the same front and rear because a) I like the rear tyres to feel firm (this is not always best for grip) and b) I run a 24kg sub, 2 amps and a MDF stealth shelf with 6x9's in (old school, I know), which adds more weight in the back.

Last edited:

OvEr_KiLL

Apr 6, 2014
North West
Wheel size makes very little difference in small increments, it's mainly done off weight. 1" will use practically the same settings. Hence the front needs higher pressure, as that is where there is most weight (the engine). I tend to run the same front and rear because a) I like the rear tyres to feel firm (this is not always best for grip) and b) I run a 24kg sub, 2 amps and a MDF stealth shelf with 6x9's in (old school, I know), which adds more weight in the back.

thanx a lot man, i think the sticker said 33 psi front and 30 psi rear? should i do 33 front and 32 back or 34 front and 32 back?
i do have a 10inch active sub in the back and spare wheel and there are a lot of back roads and pot holes here

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members