Seat Leon MK3 1.6tdi 105bhp owners?

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
ok so managed to take one out for a test drive last night :) the worries of lack of power/torque are now gone as it wasn't as bad as I first feared coming from something with double the power

lovely place to be inside as well!

just waiting for the dealer manager to ring me back and see what sort of deals he can do for me as I'm in no rush to buy anything he will need to be generous haha!

Good News!

Just make sure a diesel is right for you though...will you be doing regular long runs?

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Good News!

Just make sure a diesel is right for you though...will you be doing regular long runs?

regular enough id say, I cover around 1000/1200 p/month and my commute is just over 20 miles round on A/B roads I probably get on the motorway at least once weekly which should be enough really to avoid DPF troubles

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
Same as me really and I've never had any DPF issues. I can hear it doing a re-gen sometimes when I get home (fan noises from under the bonnet, even on cold days) and sometimes the fuel consumption goes up for 10 minutes on the motorway as it is re-genning but no warning lights or anything in 36K miles. I think the diesel will work well for your use.

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
That should be fine then.

We got ours for when the wife was doing a 60 mile round commute and it was perfect. Now though she is on maternity leave and it just goes to the shops and back or to a baby group and back a couple of times a week. I worry for the DPF over the next 8 months!!!

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
well the 6-8 weeks search I've had looks like it may have finally come to an end :D :D :D

the one I went and test drove the other day seems like it's coming home with me! had a few days toing and throwing with the dealer to get myself what I consider to be a decent deal and have stuck down a security deposit on it, off tonight to complete the formalities and hoping to pick it up next week at some point although weirdly enough I'm in no rush to pick it up yet as I've got 3/4 a tank of diesel to burn off in my mk2 first, the advert was wrote yesterday and is now up for sale

a big thanks to anyone whos given me advise of help on this thread and hopefully i'll be more active in the mk3 section now :D

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
well the 6-8 weeks search I've had looks like it may have finally come to an end :D :D :D

the one I went and test drove the other day seems like it's coming home with me! had a few days toing and throwing with the dealer to get myself what I consider to be a decent deal and have stuck down a security deposit on it, off tonight to complete the formalities and hoping to pick it up next week at some point although weirdly enough I'm in no rush to pick it up yet as I've got 3/4 a tank of diesel to burn off in my mk2 first, the advert was wrote yesterday and is now up for sale

a big thanks to anyone whos given me advise of help on this thread and hopefully i'll be more active in the mk3 section now :D

Great news! Welcome to the gang. Dont let those Cupra boys bully you, they may have faster cars, but we have bigger bank balances :D

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Great news! Welcome to the gang. Dont let those Cupra boys bully you, they may have faster cars, but we have bigger bank balances :D

cheers Jim! :thumbup: the idea of getting one of these is to not only save a few quid but the mrs can insure it at a decent price too not like the 10 grand she was getting on the mk2 :rolleyes:

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Very smart, it looks a tidy one.[B)]

yep :p i told him i was fussy and made sure it had no marks on it and even made him change the nut covers as the others had acid wheel cleaner stains on them :rofl:

i told them not to bother washing it either as i cant be bothered trying to polish the crap off they put on when i'm doing the full wnter decon and prep hopefully in the coming weeks when i get a full day or 2 spare :)

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
Congrats!! Looks like an identical twin to mine. :)

Well, you don't need the advice any more, but I'll share it anyway for others interested. :D

I think the 1.6 TDI offers the perfect balance between power/speed and economy.

I drive a LOT (done 235,000 km / 146,000 miles in 4 yrs). I've been everywhere from Norway to Gibraltar and from Scotland to Italy, east into Poland and the Czech Rep as well, and everywhere in between.

Still very happy with my car, though I do wish I would have bought the longer version (it wasn't out yet when I got this one).

I pretty much bought it blindly because I'd rented a Leon mk2 a few times from Enterprise at Newcastle Airport, then when I went to look for a car to buy, I wanted a new one (mostly because of the safety features - ie, crash protection) and the Leon mk3 caught my eye right away. Got the free Tech Pack with LED lights, DAB radio and a few other extras thrown in for free.

I'm absolutely certain that had I bought a Peugeot, Citroen or something Asian, I would have had to dump it long since with my mileage and the conditions I drive in. This year I've had everything from -26c to +42c, including heavy snowfall and uphill driving with 5 persons, heavy load and a roofbox in the desert. I've driven on horrible roads, steep roads, in deep snow, every possible adverse condition you can imagine, and my Leon has never let me down.

Very impressed with Seat and definitely planning to buy another one next after this one, perhaps an Ateca AWD though, if I can afford it. But keeping this one too (I'll put it in oldtimer storage and take it out for a spin a few times a year) since this is my trusty first car and I'm never going to let it go. This is my car forever. I'm not obsessed with it, hehe, but I do have a big emotional attachment to it, having spent so much of my life in it all over Europe. :)

Only very minor thing I'd wish for is for the boot to be just a tiny bit longer and for the seats to fold flat. I slept in my car a few times (last this summer) - I have a motorhome as well but when traveling far and for a short duration alone, why not, if you don't want to waste money on hotels. Did this for a week in Norway 2 years ago in the snow. Problem is it's just a tiny bit too short for a proper air mattress. Still, I manage to push it in. Yeah, I'm crazy. I sleep with my car, LOL.

Mypifi

Oct 16, 2017
My last seat was the 1.6 TDI se technology dsg. Not bad car usual 10 mile commute to work with average speed of 35 mph could yield between 55-65 mpg depending on heaviness of foot. Scotland to Oxford 55mpg with a loaded car cruising at 80. 0-50mph not bad but you soon notice after this point you not going to win any quarter mile drags. Found 80+ and a sudden need to accelerate leaves you wondering if you get there as it takes its time but German autobahn you can get to 110 mph plus a little bit left.

If it's economy you are after and not speed def worth a look. £30 a year road tax for dsg. Only got rid of mine as I wanted some power and sports suspension.

Mypifi

Oct 16, 2017
Forgot to say found up to 14k miles it seemed very tight but after this it loosened up and mpg and power seemed to improve.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise