Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Lachojski

Feb 3, 2016
Yea it's the timing that's out but needed to check the torsion value to make sure.just a case of correcting it over the weekend.

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Silly question, but this is a mechanical correction not electronic?

Was the vcds about £270?

Lachojski

Feb 3, 2016
Yes it's mechanical.set the timing to top dead centre lock it off and undo the three 13mm bolts and move the pulley very slightly ( fractions of mm) one way tighten up and re check the torsion value repeat till it's 0 or as close as 0.6 seems to be ok.

Lachojski

Feb 3, 2016
So my timing was out and the torsion was at 2.97 so today I got the car warm and loosened the three 13mm bolts on the front cam and moved it back (I thought it wasn't a lot) and the torsion went to -5.7.quickly turned engine off and re did the cam by knocking it forward a touch and got -1.7 so another go got me down to -0.7 and the slightly rough idle went and the car felt much more responsive but still smoke coming out the back.so I did the same with the rear cam as I did the front but you have to do this by eye to match the gaps at the side of the 13mm nuts.did that and the car runs smooth as anything and it's got more power than it did and the bonus was no smoke at all and the car doesn't have that really bad exhaust smell anymore.
Happy days

caddyrage

Nurburgringer!
Jun 26, 2008
Ellington, cambs
I've been told today by SEAT that there is no recall for injectors on my car yet the fault codes point to this.
Mine shut down whilst in the fast lane of a duel carriageway, thankfully not busy and I was able to coast to a safe spot before being recovered. Bloody dangerous IMO, what if I was on a busy motorway.
I've been advised to contact SEAT customer services

Faults found are
0055399 Power supply relay for ECU
P1517- 007- electrical malfunction-intermittent

And

008518 supply voltage for fuel injector group A
P2146-009-open circuit-intermittent

Last edited:

DazzD84

Aug 4, 2017
I've been told today by SEAT that there is no recall for injectors on my car yet the fault codes point to this.
Mine shut down whilst in the fast lane of a duel carriageway, thankfully not busy and I was able to coast to a safe spot before being recovered. Bloody dangerous IMO, what if I was on a busy motorway.
I've been advised to contact SEAT customer services

Faults found are
0055399 Power supply relay for ECU
P1517- 007- electrical malfunction-intermittent

And

008518 supply voltage for fuel injector group A
P2146-009-open circuit-intermittent
Hiya mate i had same thing happen to me last night....5399 n 8518 problem.....my mate is looking at it tomz..... have u rung seat customer service yet? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

caddyrage

Nurburgringer!
Jun 26, 2008
Ellington, cambs
Hiya mate i had same thing happen to me last night....5399 n 8518 problem.....my mate is looking at it tomz..... have u rung seat customer service yet? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Dazz

Seat fixed my car FOC after I mentioned there was a recall on 170 pd vag cars as well as 140 passats. Looks like the recall drops off after a certain amount of time so your dealer won't know unless they've come by the issue before.

Hope that helps

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Ok chaps hope someone can help.
My Seat Leon FR diesel 2009 plate started to run a bit lumpy on tick over about 3 months or so ago.
I put some injector cleaner into the diesel and all was well for a good few weeks, now it running lumpy again.
No fault codes at all.
When the car was in for MOT today i asked them to look at it.
I was told that 1 injector is putting extra fuel into the engine and the injector may be on the way out.
Anyone have any ideas ?
My Leon is not the CR engine as when i had it remapped he told me it was the older engine.
If i need a new injector how can i find the part number, i cannot see anything on the log book re engine code.
Thanks for any replies.

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Your engine code will be BMN if its the 170PPD engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
I think its 03G130073 but i wait to be corrected as im not 100% sure buddy
FYI They aint a straight forward swap as they need to be setup correctly etc

Last edited:

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
I think its 03G130073 but i wait to be corrected as im not 100% sure buddy
FYI They aint a straight forward swap as they need to be setup correctly etc

Cheers mate :)
I thought it was 03L130277J or 03L130277
Wonder if i can do the recall thing with Seat even after all this time ( if its not already been done ) ?

Last edited:

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Cant hurt to try buddy, Whats the worse that can happen? ....... They tell you to DO ONE ......... You can get a second hand injector of fleabay for between 50 - 80 quid but make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to set it up and may as well check the others while they are in there.

Last edited:

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Ok thanks.
Right i phoned Seat today and gave them my reg number, they said there is and was no recall for my car regarding changing the injectors.
Is there anyway of checking if they are telling the truth ?
I ask because i have the old PDD engine, engine number BMN 1395** and i thought this was part of a recall at some stage for the injector problem highlighted in this thread.
Thanks.

Last edited:

ray

Jan 7, 2016
If your car was one of the last ones which it probably was considering it’s age (to use that engine) it probably came with the newer design of injectors I’m guessing.

The recall was pretty quick so any models ready to be sold after they realised the issue would more than likely have been fixed prior to sale?

Sucky situation to be in, I thought I had a failing injector on my 2009 CR leon but it’s no gave any issues in around a year.

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
If your car was one of the last ones which it probably was considering it’s age (to use that engine) it probably came with the newer design of injectors I’m guessing.

The recall was pretty quick so any models ready to be sold after they realised the issue would more than likely have been fixed prior to sale?

Sucky situation to be in, I thought I had a failing injector on my 2009 CR leon but it’s no gave any issues in around a year.

Thanks for your input.
I think i will run some injector cleaner through the fuel system again.
See what happens after that.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I ran some in mine over a few tanks, put in some expensive fuel and drove around in a lower gear than normal to keep the revs slightly higher and that seemed to help.

Or it was coincidence but good luck non the less.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.