My Cupra 280 at Oulton Park - with vids M135i etc

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
I was at Oulton Park yesterday (25/11/17), and excepting disintegrating brake pads (Note to ones self - don't use Tarox Strada for multiple or probably indeed any trackdays) and an unexpected trip to lovely Wrexham to get some DS2500's to fit, it was an excellent day. The car was awesome as expected and my last session, after I fitted the brake pads, was brilliant fun and lasted until I got through half a tank of petrol and had to call it a day :D I have several vids and will try to post more than this, I was taking it a little easy as I was bedding in the pads :lol: and clearly the car is better than the driver...

M135i and Accord Type R https://youtu.be/CKt0bTc7Q9I

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
We watched a race day there last weekend and have to say it’s an awesome track. Hope to do a track day there one day myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
We watched a race day there last weekend and have to say it’s an awesome track. Hope to do a track day there one day myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oulton is one of my favourite tracks and I'm including places like Spa Francorchamps in that comparison; it really is brilliant fun :)

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
A good bit of driving, I'd have been like the car you overtook.

Thanks, but lots of driver improvement needed, I need to be a lot smoother, sort braking and entry speed for the faster corners amongst other things. Thankfully, these cars are ridiculously good on track for something that is not far off standard, very flattering for the driver :D

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Nice!
Do you have the stock brakes or the Sub8 package brakes?

Im heading on my first track day tomorrow with My Cupra ST 290 which also will be the last for the season :cartman:

strell

Nov 30, 2016
Looked great fun.

Our Cupra's are such capable cars!

You running track day tyres or the stock conti's?

strell

Nov 30, 2016
I agree completely. I wouldn’t want to run them on my track car.
The cornering speed looked great. So I was intrigued to know whether he was running better tyres or not

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
I agree completely. I wouldn’t want to run them on my track car.
The cornering speed looked great. So I was intrigued to know whether he was running better tyres or not

I'm running PS4S all round, great tyres, if I sort out entry speeds and inputs I think they are capable of carrying a fair bit more speed through the faster corners. It would be nice to get some decent semi slicks and lightweight 18 inch wheels for next summer, I will see how it goes. :D

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
I had some fun with a M135i the other day on a private airfield.

I think he was a little shocked to be honest and expected to smoke me but it was neck and neck. good fun.

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
I had some fun with a M135i the other day on a private airfield.

I think he was a little shocked to be honest and expected to smoke me but it was neck and neck. good fun.

The M135 was pretty modified; bilstein suspension etc and mods to support 400 bhp... my 350 bhp Cupra has a nearly identical power to weight as a 400 bhp M135, which probably helps to explain why they were so close. I had quite a few morning laps behind him too, great fun and he was going well when it was wet and slippy. He was surprised he couldn't shake me :)

CUPRoAr

Oct 7, 2017
I'm running PS4S all round, great tyres, if I sort out entry speeds and inputs I think they are capable of carrying a fair bit more speed through the faster corners. It would be nice to get some decent semi slicks and lightweight 18 inch wheels for next summer, I will see how it goes. :D

How did the michelins hold up in terms of wear? Debating about getting these or ad08r's once my contis are finished.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.