what did you and your mk3 leon do today

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
ouch - just watched your vid
There's some wrap you can buy which has a pattern on the back so when laying it down the creases go into the channels of the pattern so it's easier to get it flat - look on ebay for something like this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gloss-Me...hash=item4b04886c65:m:mw0Uq7zFOYQ1ZymjeXWe6mg

My problem was the bumper curves in the centre then folding over the front it has to be stretched 2 ways :(

Got a price for a pro to wrap the bottom lip and grille - £120 :-o i'll buy some plastidip and do the lip myself - worth a try?

I'd say skip the lower lip, it look too much Focus RS wannabe in my opinion, but if you must absolutely do it go for the plastidip route, it won't be the exact same shade of your matt black vinyl on the plate section but is loads easier.

Or remove the bumper, take of the grill and have someone help you using the pre-stretch technique (search in youtube).

On a side note, has anyone removed the rear emblem fro wraping/painting? just the emblem.
I'm planning on a two-tone paintscheme that would require to mask the whole car and it will still probably endanger some of the plastics on the mechanism.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
ouch - just watched your vid

There's some wrap you can buy which has a pattern on the back so when laying it down the creases go into the channels of the pattern so it's easier to get it flat - look on ebay for something like this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gloss-Me...hash=item4b04886c65:m:mw0Uq7zFOYQ1ZymjeXWe6mg

My problem was the bumper curves in the centre then folding over the front it has to be stretched 2 ways :(

Got a price for a pro to wrap the bottom lip and grille - £120 :-o i'll buy some plastidip and do the lip myself - worth a try?

The bottom lip is hard to do! I ended up wrapping it in two halves starting from the centre and working outward. Can’t see the join at all. Did you use a hair dryer when stretching it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToroNegro

Dec 12, 2011
The Black Country
New bootlight turned up after started having a connection issue with the standard one.

It’s massively brighter, but the unit is a bit larger (not the end of the world) however it seems to stay on dimly when the boot is shut. So might be back to the drawing board.

Also need to fix my parcel shelf after it’s broken for the 3rd time.

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
New bootlight turned up after started having a connection issue with the standard one.

It’s massively brighter, but the unit is a bit larger (not the end of the world) however it seems to stay on dimly when the boot is shut. So might be back to the drawing board.

Also need to fix my parcel shelf after it’s broken for the 3rd time.

What's causing your parcel shelf to break?

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Had mine delivered to me :)

poOVcn9Sj

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
The bottom lip is hard to do! I ended up wrapping it in two halves starting from the centre and working outward. Can’t see the join at all. Did you use a hair dryer when stretching it?

Yep used a hot air gun which got some creases out but still not happy with the finish :(
just ordered a couple of can of plastidip so should have a go with that at the weekend

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Yep used a hot air gun which got some creases out but still not happy with the finish :(

just ordered a couple of can of plastidip so should have a go with that at the weekend

Fair play at least you had a go! If your anywhere near Milton Keynes I’m happy to help.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Fair play at least you had a go! If your anywhere near Milton Keynes I’m happy to help.

Thanks - i'm in Huddersfield so a bit far :( i'll get some pics of my plastidip attempt if it goes well, watched some youtube vids and it doesn't look too difficult :rolleyes:

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
The plastic clips in the boot panels that it patches on to, right and one has broken off each time.

I've had 3 of these break too but they have been replaced under warranty each time and without any questions from the dealer.
Conal

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise