what did you and your mk3 leon do today

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Stopped by VAGManchester to upgrade to OEM+ Stage 2 :)

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue)
Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage Two Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+ | Milltek Large Bore Downpipe | Pipewerx Custom Cat Back Exhaust | Forge Turbo Blanket
Interior: Koonlung K1S Dash Cam with BlackVue Power Magic Pro
Exterior: TRC Front Splitter | Foliatec Exhaust Paint Gloss Black

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
How rude!

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue)
Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage Two Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+ | Milltek Large Bore Downpipe | Pipewerx Custom Cat Back Exhaust | Forge Turbo Blanket
Interior: Koonlung K1S Dash Cam with BlackVue Power Magic Pro
Exterior: TRC Front Splitter | Foliatec Exhaust Paint Gloss Black

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
Watched mine being taken away after being rear ended

Damaged doesn't look too bad but the mechanic reckons its bent the bar behind the bumper

1PnzmIz.jpg

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Watched mine being taken away after being rear ended

Damaged doesn't look too bad but the mechanic reckons its bent the bar behind the bumper

1PnzmIz.jpg
Hope it will get perfectly fixed.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Applied sound deadening pads inside boot floor area/ inside n/s/r panel and inside tailgate as well as fitting felt tape all around the edges where plastic touches metal - finally cured the rattles from the back end :D now onto the drivers door if i get the chance..........

shaun-the-sheep

Oct 21, 2008
Sevenoaks
Just got mine back after it was stolen. Been driving round with a HUGE smile on my face after having 5 weeks with a Hyundai i10, the worst car that god ever put four wheels on!!

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Just got mine back after it was stolen. Been driving round with a HUGE smile on my face after having 5 weeks with a Hyundai i10, the worst car that god ever put four wheels on!!
Hope they didnt do any damage on the car and enjoy it now :) believe me there is even worst cars then i10 :D

shaun-the-sheep

Oct 21, 2008
Sevenoaks
Hope they didnt do any damage on the car and enjoy it now :) believe me there is even worst cars then i10 :D

Hi Bega,

No, fortunately not too much damage, a few stone chips and an extra hole in the front valance where they drilled a hole to put the false plates on. I'm returning the car (Cupra 290) to get these repaired.

Is there really anything worse than a Hyundai i10?! I don't believe it!! :blink:

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
I don get it why they even put normal bulb,my Cupra 2017 has all LED I think and reverse is normal bulb.Did order LED bulb for it.

I know you'd have thought that with them putting LEDs in all the other bulbs bar the reverse light, i'll be doing the interior next and sticking red in the footwell to match the clocks/dash lighting :)

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Hi Bega,

No, fortunately not too much damage, a few stone chips and an extra hole in the front valance where they drilled a hole to put the false plates on. I'm returning the car (Cupra 290) to get these repaired.

Is there really anything worse than a Hyundai i10?! I don't believe it!! :blink:
Hope you get it fixed and enjoy the car back :)
My worst car I have even driven is Yugo 45 made in Yugoslavia(I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina,it was part of Yugoslavia) and that car is pain in the a** :D

bega

Oct 13, 2016
I know you'd have thought that with them putting LEDs in all the other bulbs bar the reverse light, i'll be doing the interior next and sticking red in the footwell to match the clocks/dash lighting :)
Really I had the car for 3 months and didnt realize that reverse bulb is normal bulb not LED :) I opened trunk and wanted to clean something on taillight and saw it.Did order once bulb,but it was too big to put inside(more then 5 cm I think it was) then ordered again and waiting

Deleted member 103408

I don get it why they even put normal bulb,my Cupra 2017 has all LED I think and reverse is normal bulb.Did order LED bulb for it.

Save Money and from what i have read in the UK the reversing light is to warn other cars you are reversing not to help you see where you are going (go figure that)

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
What did you make of the Atecca?

I’m tempted but more likely to wait for Seat’s version of the Kodiaq. I’m a 4x4 driver at heart

It is just like driving a Leon on stilts. Everything is familiar, the drive is pretty much the same, you just sit higher up. One by-product of the extra headroom in the cabin is that if you jack the seat up to take advantage of the higher view afforded, it makes extra leg-room in the back seats. The back seat feels very roomy as a result. I am disappointed the variable boot floor is an option on the Ateca (standard on Leon ST). The one I had is an FR, not a model I would choose - sporty suspension on an SUV is a laughable idea IMO. Totally unsuited to the country roads I drive on all the time - it jiggles about and never settles, it's uncomfortable and suspension travel is pathetic. I'll try for a test drive in a model with comfort suspension (I had asked to demo an Xcellence spec) to see if that is as good as my Leon, if so its a contender as the wife likes the higher seating position on the lanes.

We will wait for the Skoda Karoq version of the Ateca / Tiguan to come out and try that in January, before we decide on the next car. We really liked the interior and looks of the Kodiaq, but that is too big for us really. So hopefully the Karoq will tick the boxes including sensible suspension for the country.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise