what have you done to your car today ?

Cuprar72

Aug 29, 2017
East sussex
Replaced all the PCV valve setup with new valve some forge hoses and new elbow and dipstick tube, found a split hose which was one of my oil leaks, next job rocer cover gasket and drop sump fit New pick up as I found elbow had signs of small lumpy sludgy bits so suspect pick up to b similar, also polished out a few paintwork scratches if only people would stay away from my car lol

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Replaced one of my rear door lock modules, with the door locked shut. Many cuts and profanities later, I have a fully working rear door, puddle light and interior illumination. Thoroughly recommend the job to those who are into self torture or are very very very bored........

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Contacted via eBay to the seller who sold the sai delete plate as it still hasn't turned up...should of popped to jabba and see if they had one. Once I get that I'm going to delete the aircon also with a stock belt from euro £9. Never use aircon so may as well get it out and sai has the standard issues.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

crc_73

Mar 24, 2016
Did the door seal on the front driver door today. Not much fun when it's raining down. Will have to try and get the floor dry now.

Is it easy to get the carpet up enough to help get air circulating underneath to speed up the drying?

Also, when putting it back together, I noticed on the door carrier, at the far end of the loom, it branches into 3 connectors, one for the door lock, one for the puddle light, and another one that seems to be unused on my car (unless I forgot something major). What's that connector used for?

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Did the door seal on the front driver door today. Not much fun when it's raining down. Will have to try and get the floor dry now.

Is it easy to get the carpet up enough to help get air circulating underneath to speed up the drying?

Also, when putting it back together, I noticed on the door carrier, at the far end of the loom, it branches into 3 connectors, one for the door lock, one for the puddle light, and another one that seems to be unused on my car (unless I forgot something major). What's that connector used for?

Door lock, puddle light, anti-theft LED, woofer, tweeter, electric window motor, and electric window switch

Last edited:

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Need to raise some funds to fix the turbo and give the car some tlc.

Just selling the new wheels/tyres I bought and the Recaro interior.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Sad to hear. What turbo do you have? And How much for the interior and wheels? Pic's up mate as maybe one of us on here wants them

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
Sad to hear. What turbo do you have? And How much for the interior and wheels? Pic's up mate as maybe one of us on here wants them

It's a K03 turbo, oil seals have gone, but it could do with a full rebuild or new cartridge.

I've put for sale threads up for both wheels and tyres.

Wheels are Team Dynamic Pro-race 1.2s in black 18x8's with Toyo T1R rubber, seen about 14 miles on the road in total.. £600 asking.

Recaro I'm reluctant to get rid of as it's so good, but have it up for £190 I think, which is high.... but would take offers.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
It's a K03 turbo, oil seals have gone, but it could do with a full rebuild or new cartridge.

I've put for sale threads up for both wheels and tyres.

Wheels are Team Dynamic Pro-race 1.2s in black 18x8's with Toyo T1R rubber, seen about 14 miles on the road in total.. £600 asking.

Recaro I'm reluctant to get rid of as it's so good, but have it up for £190 I think, which is high.... but would take offers.

Where are you in the UK, I'm after some nice front seats again. Standard bora ones I put in are light but uncomfortable

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Oh dear
d5e461b73f08c83ea6d2add4ede174f0.jpg

Anyone want to contact him.....details in screen shot.
Be careful if you do...don't trust the BBC

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members